What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect to wifi Or iTunes desktop! Is there a fix?

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there!
Recently I have started to notice an irritating message box saying "Connect to wifi or iTunes from your desktop to download (name of the app)",the title of the box is "this download is bigger than 20mb" or similar. Now this is obvious that every time I want to download any app larger than 20 MB then this annoying prompt appears.I understand its done to protect users from over using the expensive AT&T data and hence getting an astronomical bill,but I use an unlimited data plan for my iPad,and more often than not my pc with iTunes isn't available,I have only Linux and locked down vista machines where I work or in my campus. So this can really get annoying. Is there a way to fix this or disable this lock? I am really hating this user friendly non-friendly feature.

Thanks and no jailbreak suggestions :)

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Connect to your mobile phone with WiFi, or visit Starbucks? There is no other way that I know of.

Most reactions

Latest posts