What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Depleting Battery On iPad First Time!

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must admit I don't know what Apple is using for battery in iPad but I'm really impressed with how long it lasts.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm at 11% for two days now! It just won't DIE!!!!

Just stream some Internet Radio station until it dies.
Be sure and set your Auto-lock to Never so the screen stays on and that will deplete the battery even faster.

When my battery level drops to about 20%, I put on "Hunt for Red October" and let it play in the background. A few more times and I will have the entire dialogue memorize... both the English and Russian parts! If I ever go to Russia I am all set since I now know the Russian national anthem by heart!

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must admit I don't know what Apple is using for battery in iPad but I'm really impressed with how long it lasts.

If you have seen the teardown, the ipad is literally an iphone 4, with the rest filled up with battery packs. That is, take an iphone and place it on top of the ipad, that much room is actually motherboard and sensors, etc. The rest is battery.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got some app for a buck, called battery pro HD, it's cool, it talks tells you the battery level, also tells you avg time you have left for games, surfing web, etc.. It's decent.

Silken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i only got mine yesterday and the battery is down to 15%, haven't charged at all just used straight out of the box. Not sure if that is a good sign or not

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
the ipad is literally an iphone 4
Lol Muyosos under your name the words iPad Enthusiast! is writ large.

You are right though but forgot to say that into each one Uncle Steve has sprinkled a little magic dust...........

Most reactions

Latest posts