What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery on 04-03-2010 - On a Saturday???

iDaryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone using anything other than FedEx for shipping? Does Apple is any other carrier? The reason I'm asking is because I vaguely remember something about "...if Saturday delivery is not available in your area..." when I placed my order. Doesn't FedEx always deliver on Saturday? :confused:

What was the reasoning behind shipping on a Saturday anyway? :confused:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I expect partially because Apple calls for signature at delivery and most people woud have a hard time being at home during the week. If they are not at home, it goes back to FedEx where they would be inundated with people coming by after work. Also more people would have less of an issue with trying to go to the stores and get theirs on a saturday.

As for areas with no saturday delivery, I doubt that FedEx hits every area, or maybe some places only a few times a week. Those units would have to go an alternate means like USPS or UPS.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone using anything other than FedEx for shipping? Does Apple is any other carrier? The reason I'm asking is because I vaguely remember something about "...if Saturday delivery is not available in your area..." when I placed my order. Doesn't FedEx always deliver on Saturday? :confused:

What was the reasoning behind shipping on a Saturday anyway? :confused:

I'd guess that Fed Ex doesn't deliver everywhere on Saturday. Those in the hinter boonies will have to wait.

OP
I

iDaryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, that makes sense...

I expect partially because Apple calls for signature at delivery and most people woud have a hard time being at home during the week. If they are not at home, it goes back to FedEx where they would be inundated with people coming by after work. Also more people would have less of an issue with trying to go to the stores and get theirs on a saturday.

As for areas with no saturday delivery, I doubt that FedEx hits every area, or maybe some places only a few times a week. Those units would have to go an alternate means like USPS or UPS.

I guess I'm used to coming home from work to find the little FedEx thingy hanging on my front door knob! Lol! I have never been home to catch the FedEx truck anyway. I was concerned that they my push it to Monday the 5th...

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI--you can call FedEx (number is on their site) and they can tell you from your zip code if there is Saturday delivery in your area. I was quite worried living in a rural area but happily found out that our zip does have Saturday delivery. :)

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in Sacramento area, UPS does not deliver on Saturdays. I would say FedX makes the delivery.. but it's just a guess. I really don't know.

OP
I

iDaryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan!!

FYI--you can call FedEx (number is on their site) and they can tell you from your zip code if there is Saturday delivery in your area. I was quite worried living in a rural area but happily found out that our zip does have Saturday delivery. :)

I think I will do just that!!! I feel silly that I didn't think of that myself!! :eek:

Thanks!!

Most reactions

Latest posts