What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting photos

Pippachick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded all my photos from my laptop Windows XP "My Pictures" on to my new I Pad 2 and find I can't delete them but I can edit them. :( Would really appreciate some help.

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Top upper right when in Photos and the Album you want to delete photos from you will see an arrow in a box, tap that. Then you select the photos you want to delete and then tap the Remove button.

Last edited:
OP
P

Pippachick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Redneck_Randy but when I click the arrow I only get these options. Email photo,Message, Assign to contact, Use as wallpaper, Tweer, Print or copy photo. :eek:

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your not in the Album because you don't get those options. Once you click on the arrow you should see the delete button at the top left in red with grayed out letters. Once you tap an image to delete a blue circle with a check mark will appear then you click the delete button which is now red with white letters on the button.

Another way to delete

Click Photos at the top center in Photos directory. Tap a photo you want to delete, it will load to another window, at the upper right you will see a trash can. Tap it to delete the photo.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your not in the Album because you don't get those options. Once you click on the arrow you should see the delete button at the top left in red with grayed out letters. Once you tap an image to delete a blue circle with a check mark will appear then you click the delete button which is now red with white letters on the button.

Another way to delete

Click Photos at the top center in Photos directory. Tap a photo you want to delete, it will load to another window, at the upper right you will see a trash can. Tap it to delete the photo.

OP says the photos were synched via iTunes. You can't delete from iPad if you synched via iTunes.

BrendanChandler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a very new iPad 2 owner.
I have an IPhone and a laptop.
It seems that I do not understand the sharing concepts.
When I opened theapp Photos, I find that the iPad has acquired 4,600 photos from my computer and from my iPhone and are arranged in a similar structure of folders.
How can I remove them from my iPad without losing them from my phone and laptop?

Brendan

BrendanChandler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a very new iPad 2 owner.
I have an IPhone and a laptop.
It seems that I do not understand the sharing concepts.
When I opened theapp Photos, I find that the iPad has acquired 4,600 photos from my computer and from my iPhone and are arranged in a similar structure of folders.
How can I remove them from my iPad without losing them from my phone and laptop?

Brendan

I removed all the original photos from the computer where they were originally hoping that they would then be removed from my iPad. Instead the iPad seems to have all of the photos but the albums seem to have all been mixed up.

Help please oh great gurus.

Brendan

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I spoke with the local Apple Rep. today he said if you used a Computer or Camera to install pictures you had to use them to delete the picture files. I am not sure how this is done so I will be looking into trying to do it.

I connected my Apple Mac Pro Notebook to my iPad it brought up ITunes in ITunes find the picture to be deleted right clicl to bring up menu and pick send to trash.
This will remove the picture.

Like installing pictures on the iPad you must use the Apple computer or another Apple device. Apple has it tied to ITunes, this does not make it as simple as using my PC.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spoke with the local Apple Rep. today he said if you used a Computer or Camera to install pictures you had to use them to delete the picture files. I am not sure how this is done so I will be looking into trying to do it.

If you imported photos via iTunes, you must use iTunes to delete.

Maybe you and the Apple rep partly miscommunicated, or he just didn't know exactly what he was talking about with photos imported from camera. At least when I import from iPhone (which I use as a camera) via camera kit, I can delete photos straight from iPad. Again, these are photos NOT imported via iTunes on computer.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you imported photos via iTunes, you must use iTunes to delete.

Maybe you and the Apple rep partly miscommunicated, or he just didn't know exactly what he was talking about with photos imported from camera. At least when I import from iPhone (which I use as a camera) via camera kit, I can delete photos straight from iPad. Again, these are photos NOT imported via iTunes on computer.

Just read the above and forget the camera detail.

BrendanChandler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would also love to know how too as I have no idea how I synced them.
This level of ignorance is common amongst newcomers and I do appreciate that you gurus would prefer not to deal with basics, it's what's needed sometimes.
Thanks for any help.

Brendan

Most reactions

Latest posts