What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting photo albums

johnster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I delete a photo album or a picture in an album, from Albums on my ipad 2. I've tried everything but no luck, no DELETE button in sight. Help

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How can I delete a photo album or a picture in an album, from Albums on my ipad 2. I've tried everything but no luck, no DELETE button in sight. Help

To delete albums, tap Edit in the upper right corner, then this comes:

image-1797151360.jpg

It shows you which albums can be deleted. It works like deleting an app.

If you want to delete a photo, open an album, again: tap Edit (upper right corner) to show this:

image-917684922.jpg

Tap the picture(s) you intend to delete. The ones you tap get marked; then you'll see "Delete" (upper left corner). Tap it to delete the picture(s).

Last edited:
OP
J

johnster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JA, Thanks, I just realized that I have two different types of albums, normal acting albums that got there in the normal fashion and ones that were imported from a PC via photostream. The later appear normal but act differently when trying to delete.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
JA, Thanks, I just realized that I have two different types of albums, normal acting albums that got there in the normal fashion and ones that were imported from a PC via photostream. The later appear normal but act differently when trying to delete.

In this case you'll need to sync to iTunes on your pc to delete these albums. You can't do it with your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts