What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting photos from Ipad2 that was synced from ITunes

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning folks. I think I have asked this question in the past but gave up because I still couldnot remove my photos. I need someone to tell me in very basic layman terms how to do this. I need to know what is meant by 'make a playlist' 're-sync' and at the end what I need to do to stop my Ipad automatically syncing when I plug it into my laptop. It may well be that I don't ever need to connect to my laptop, I don't know. Please, all info is very welcome.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You seem to mostly need the terminology and basic instructions.

Have you downloaded the iPad Users Guide from either the iBooks Store or Apple's site? Reading through this (and playing with iTunes and the iPad) would do a better job of getting you familiar with how things work. Better than me trying to explain the one or two things you've asked without context.

Apple - Support - Manuals

If you still have questions afterwards feel free to ask.

But I will give you a quick link to how to manage your iTunes synced photos. They have to be changed in iTunes, then synced back to the iPad. You can do nothing with them on the iPad itself. To remove entire albums, just change what albums are selected in iTunes. To delete or add single photos, delete or add them from the folders that you've selected in iTunes (by going to those folders the usual way). Then sync again.

Having to make changes in the synced folders is why I recommend making folders specifically for syncing with the iPad, and only putting copies in them. That way you don't have to worry about deleting originals by mistake.

iOS and iPod: Syncing photos using iTunes

Most reactions

Latest posts