What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes query....

Tazz229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I may be being really dumb and stupid here but here goes....
I dont want iTunes to sync the same apps to my phone that it syncs to the iPad!
If I un tick the sync apps box then it wants to remove all the apps from the selected device.... If I don't then whichever device I plug in it syncs the ticked apps that I've selected?? You get me? Basically all I want to do is plug my iPhone in and have certain apps synced then plug my iPad in and have certain apps synced but not the same on both...
How??

OP
Tazz229

Tazz229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
I thought as long as the names of the apple products were different then it only updated what you specified for that product.......looking forward to more answers on this!

You would think so!!!! Because the last thing I plugged into iTunes was my phone, I've just plugged my iPad in and it's taken off my iPad apps and put my phone stuff on!
Either I'm bein really numb or...... I dunno!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you used the same PC and iTunes account to set up? Are you trying to change the profile of the iPhone when you actually have the iPad hooked up? (Because that's not how it works.)

Each time I've gotten a new iDevice, I set it up in iTunes by plugging it in and iTunes recognizes that it's a new device. It sets up the device as a new device and remembers its profile, which I've clicked and chosen manually. If it's a second iPad, iPod or iPhone, I restore from the first iPad, iPod or iPhone profile, then I immediately rename the device and iTunes automatically remembers that device in future. I have eight devices on the same iTunes account, and it's worked that way without problem.

Most reactions