What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need to remove photos from ipad 2

bimfi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm not sure if this has been address (I'm sure it is an inconvenience to a lot of people) or not. I have an iPad 2 that I initially synced to itunes on my pc laptop. It automatically gathered ALL of my jpgs on my laptop and placed them onto my ipad. I didn't think much of it at the time, until I tried to delete a few of them. And I'm sure everyone knows what happened. I was not aware, until then, that the only way to remove a photo from the ipad is to resync it to itunes and "deselect" the photo that I don't want. I'm not talking about photos in the camera roll (photos taken with the ipad). I don't understand why Apple made it so difficult to delete a pic that belongs to me. I understand the whole thing about mp3 and digital rights blah blah blah... but, now it has become a big hassle. I thought that when I jailbroke my iPad, that it would be easier, but it isn't.

Does anyone know of an app or tweak that will allow me to go into the iPad and search for those photos and move them around or possibly move them to the cloud? I've already tried Dropbox and iFile and even iFunbox. These only allow deletion of camera roll pics, as far as I can tell. I have nothing against itunes or anything. I just think it is fickle and tedious at times.

Thanks for any help.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
bimfi said:
Hello All,

I'm not sure if this has been address (I'm sure it is an inconvenience to a lot of people) or not. I have an iPad 2 that I initially synced to itunes on my pc laptop. It automatically gathered ALL of my jpgs on my laptop and placed them onto my ipad. I didn't think much of it at the time, until I tried to delete a few of them. And I'm sure everyone knows what happened. I was not aware, until then, that the only way to remove a photo from the ipad is to resync it to itunes and "deselect" the photo that I don't want. I'm not talking about photos in the camera roll (photos taken with the ipad). I don't understand why Apple made it so difficult to delete a pic that belongs to me. I understand the whole thing about mp3 and digital rights blah blah blah... but, now it has become a big hassle. I thought that when I jailbroke my iPad, that it would be easier, but it isn't.

Does anyone know of an app or tweak that will allow me to go into the iPad and search for those photos and move them around or possibly move them to the cloud? I've already tried Dropbox and iFile and even iFunbox. These only allow deletion of camera roll pics, as far as I can tell. I have nothing against itunes or anything. I just think it is fickle and tedious at times.

Thanks for any help.

Best way for me to get photos from PC to iPad is through the Camera Connection Kit, as the imported photos can be managed with the iPad, moved to folders, deleted individually etc...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

OP
B

bimfi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying, but unfortunately I already have the photos on the iPad. I guess I could sync and deselect them all from itunes, then import them through the camera connection kit. Thanks.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why can't you do as you say in your OP, reconnect to iTunes and turn off syncing of photos and/or adjust the pictures folder to be synced? This is the way it is supposed to be done. This sync to put pictures on the iPad is designed to use the photo frame feature of the iPad with your selected library of photos.

The camera roll is different because they are photos you have taken and/or edited on the iPad. These can be deleted and moved more readily.

Ian_NZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, it is an illogical way to do it.
My solution was to use a photo management app, I use PhotoMgrPlus.
I told iTunes to not synch photos and it offered to delete them all from my iPad.
I then reimported them into the new app.
Wonders, folders inside folders, filenames, rename, move, copy and even EXIF data.
Just like a real computer. A major frustration removed.
Good luck,
Ian

Brian4882

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, it is an illogical way to do it.
My solution was to use a photo management app, I use PhotoMgrPlus.
I told iTunes to not synch photos and it offered to delete them all from my iPad.
I then reimported them into the new app.
Wonders, folders inside folders, filenames, rename, move, copy and even EXIF data.
Just like a real computer. A major frustration removed.
Good luck,
Ian
Is that the Photo Manager Pro from iTunes? Or where can you get it?

Most reactions

Latest posts