What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting mail

Rudy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know of an easy way to delete a lot of messages from your inbox easily. The edit option is too cumbersome for deleting a lot of emails - like over 150. Also anyone know how to mark email as junk? That's the reason I have so much stuff to delete. If not, Apple needs to update their mail app to allow you to mark mail as junk and to delete your entire inbox if desired.

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No good way. You need to set up your e-mail for your iDevice for very specific, low volume traffic... If you don't delete it, you will quickly run out of space, and your iPad will run really slowly in the mail app... - Options are to use a virtual e-mail, and set the spam filter to high. Have important e-mails go to your ipad, but have routine uses go to your virtual - that way when the inevitable spam starts showing up, you don't have to worry about it - it will self delete...

OP
R

Rudy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pluto6 said:
No good way. You need to set up your e-mail for your iDevice for very specific, low volume traffic... If you don't delete it, you will quickly run out of space, and your iPad will run really slowly in the mail app... - Options are to use a virtual e-mail, and set the spam filter to high. Have important e-mails go to your ipad, but have routine uses go to your virtual - that way when the inevitable spam starts showing up, you don't have to worry about it - it will self delete...

Thanks. I didn't think I missed anything. How would I go about setting up a virtual email. Not familiar with that but it seems like the solution I'm looking for unless Apple updates their primitive iPad email app.

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pluto6 said:

Thanks. I didn't think I missed anything. How would I go about setting up a virtual email. Not familiar with that but it seems like the solution I'm looking for unless Apple updates their primitive iPad email app.

Virtual - as in Yahoo Mail, or Hot mail, or G Mail. Maybe most folks refer to this as Webmail, I don't know - but it would be through the internet, so the mail is not stored on your machine, but their servers.

WICKED ...

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This worked for me

Anyone know of an easy way to delete a lot of messages from your inbox easily. The edit option is too cumbersome for deleting a lot of emails - like over 150. Also anyone know how to mark email as junk? That's the reason I have so much stuff to delete. If not, Apple needs to update their mail app to allow you to mark mail as junk and to delete your entire inbox if desired.

First I deleted all old emails from the mail server. Then I set my MAIL PREFERENCES > MAILBOX BEHAVIORS like this: SENT: one week old; JUNK: quitting mail; TRASH: (check the box) one day old.

After this I went to PREFERENCES > MAILBOX BEHAVIORS > ADVANCED and checked both "Enable this account," and "Include when automatically checking..."

This worked for me.

Last edited:

WICKED ...

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This worked for me

First I deleted all old emails from the mail server. Then I set my MAIL PREFERENCES > MAILBOX BEHAVIORS like this: SENT: one week old; JUNK: quitting mail; TRASH: (check the box) one day old.

After this I went to PREFERENCES > MAILBOX BEHAVIORS > ADVANCED and checked both "Enable this account," and "Include when automatically checking..."

This worked for me.

HowardBrazee

iPF Noob
Reaction score

This worked for me.

I found that setting on my iPad in Settings/Mail/Contacts/Calendars/Brazee.

But my wife's account's settings don't seem to be visible (I looked in Settings/Mail/iCloud, but it seems to be on-off switches). Her e-mail is on iCloud now.

Most reactions

Latest posts