What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings! New to ipad2 Deleting emails...

RealEstateDiva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
whenever I delete email I get the message that the message could not be moved to the folder even though the message appears to go somewhere ... I get this message whether I delete by swipe or edit or drag. I also cannot figure out how to empty the junk mail and trash mail folders ...Thanks for any help!

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Who is your email provider?

Have a look at settings/mail on the ipad and check the settings

I use imap, so not sure if the advanced button is there or not for pop3 mail, if it is, check the settings in there are correct also

If you still can not sort it out, let one of the apple store gurus take a look at it

- Sig - How to stop being notified of new posts, in the IPF app, goto the subscribed tab, then swipe left/right on the threads you no longer want to follow - I bleed in 6 colours

OP
R

RealEstateDiva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but there are hardly any settings ... the only choice I see is ward before deleting.

OP
R

RealEstateDiva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there must be a way to empty the trash and the junk folders without having total on each individually OR am I thinking like a PC?

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Unfortunately, or at least for me when using an imap server, i have to empty the trash/deleted folder individually, a single empty all would be very nice

- Sig - How to stop being notified of new posts, in the IPF app, goto the subscribed tab, then swipe left/right on the threads you no longer want to follow - I bleed in 6 colours

Most reactions