What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email problem

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two email accounts on iPad Air. Mine works very well. My wife’s on the other hand does not. For an unknown reason it randomly moves messages from the inbox to junk. I can go to the junk folder and edit it to move them back to the inbox but this keeps happening on a daily basis. Today I had to move 18 messages from junk to inbox.
Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?
Thanks.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you add the email addresses of the people whose messages you want to see in your Inbox to your Contacts, they should not in future go to Junk.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge the iPad’s Mail app does not move or junk mail on it’s own. It is done on the server by your email provider. Different email providers use differn’t junk filters. Also, some providers (like iCloud) learn from you. If you start putting emails in Junk, then eventually all the emails from those addresses will be sent to Junk.

As Jupiter7 said, if you add the email addresses you want to be certain of receiveing your contacts it will bypass any filtering. The Contacts must be in the same service as the email service; iCloud Contacts for Apple’s email, Google Contacts for Gmail, etc.

It’s pretty common these days for newsletters and other services (like Banks) to suggest you add their address to your Contacts; to avoid being sent to Junk Mail.

OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’ve looked at that and routine addresses, like mine, are in her contact list as well as friends with whom she routinely communicates. The emails do not go directly to junk. They appear in the inbox for a period of time then a fairly large number disappear and are found in the junk folder. Again, this is only her email, mine does not do that.

OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comcast. She is using the iPad mail service but has a Comcast email like mine.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In that case all I can suggest is that you go through both of your settings on the Comcast email site and see what (if anything) is different. You might try contacting Comcast support as well.

There is no setting in the Mail app itself to manage how Junk mail is handled.

Most reactions