What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete icons?

helirich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not new to iPads, but mine just updated without my permission. Now I'm having all kinds of problems.

First how do I delete icons? I searched and everybody says press and hold till they wiggle. Then hit the x. But mine wiggle and there are no x's.

Sometimes my screen stays on and runs the battery down. (It is set to sleep in 2 minutes)

I had no problems till this update. I don't understand why it updated by itself. Every time it asked, I said no.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The native apps, the ones included with iOS, can not be deleted. If other apps are not showing the (x) it is probably because deleting apps is turned off in Settings > General > Restrictions. Hopefully you know the restrictions passcode.

I can't answer why the iPad updated by itself. It shouldn't, and I can't think of anything that would bypass the dialog where you, or someone, has to say OK.

OP
H

helirich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you,
I don't ever remember making a pass code. But I knew it. LOL

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not new to iPads, but mine just updated without my permission. Now I'm having all kinds of problems.
I had no problems till this update. I don't understand why it updated by itself. Every time it asked, I said no.

Well, most of your questions about the icons have been answered - not sure about the 'update' issue, but you might want to tell us what the update was? I'm assuming an iOS upgrade? If so, what is the current iOS on your iPad (and what was it before)? Might help others better respond to your inquiry - Dave :)

OP
H

helirich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The version says 7.1 now. Before it was whatever I bought it with several years ago. Everything I found in searches talked about wiggling icons. Nobody mentioned the restrictions.

New question, when in bookmark a page, it puts it in my favorites. Not in the bookmarks. Doesn't make much since. Is there a way move it from one to the other? Also, is there a way to move one bookmark on top of another? (Prioritize)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
New question, when in bookmark a page, it puts it in my favorites. Not in the bookmarks. Doesn't make much since. Is there a way move it from one to the other?

You can save a bookmark where you wish, it doesn't have to be in the favorites folder. See this picture:

apeva6ev.jpg

When you tap on the icon to make a bookmark, you will see a line titled "Location" in the pop-up. You can tap that line to scroll through the bookmark folders you have made. If you leave the bookmark in "Favorites," it will display in the top bar.

Also, is there a way to move one bookmark on top of another? (Prioritize)

See this picture:

apy7y5e5.jpg

If you tap on the book icon in the upper right, you get the first pop-up; tap the "Edit" button. You then will see the pop-up from the second picture.

You can either move the lines around by grabbing the three-line icon to the right of each bookmark or you can tap the bookmark to bring up another pop-up for editing.

Hope this helps. If yes, yay! If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

OP
H

helirich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That solved a lot of problems. Thanks a bunch! About the only problem now is the short battery life. I found a thread on that. But I had most of that stuff allready done. It use to last for three or four days. Now maybe one day, two at the most. If the screen stays on, it's dead in no time.

Most reactions

Latest posts