What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear apple & iOs5.... I HATE safari changes ...Especially tabs!

Do You Like Safari's Tabs Feature in iOS 5?

• Yes, I love tabs, it's about time!

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • No, I wish they would have kept the thumbnails.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Undecided, need more time to figure it out.

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tturbonegro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like everything about the new update, EXCEPT...the safari changes...why would they replace the thumbnails with
The tabs a the top of the screen...wtf? There is like 50 apps that do this already, I want my thumbnails back !! Anyone else agree? I can't find a good browser app that has thumbnails and not tabs...

Last edited by a moderator:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tabbed pages are all the rage for browsers these days but honestly, as far as tablets go, I prefer the original thumbnails that Safari used. It took just one tap to get to them and one tap to activate the one you wanted. Easy as pie, IMO. Another reason Im hanging tight with OS 4.3.5 :)

OP
T

tturbonegro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea I totally would have thought twice about updating if I new this..

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I prefer the tabs, it looks worse, but it makes switching between sites a LOT quicker

OP
T

tturbonegro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may be quicker but i liked looking at a screen of boxes..

Zegnima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i didnt upgrade yet and after reading this i dont think i will for awhile

knobdragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would be nice to be given a preference for this. Disturbing when someone upstairs makes all these finite decisions.

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, the changes to Safari are so far what I like best about the upgrade. I have six other browsers on my iPad and find I seldom use any of them since I upgraded.

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding the love for the new tabs. I use the bookmark bar and I like that and I have tabs getting in the way. Maybe I'll grow to like them but not as of yet.

LibraryBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Utterly and absolutely...I use my iPad and PC's at work all day...tabs in Safari suck...they only slow me down...thumbnails of currently open, or recently active webpages make me a happy camper, by allowing me to see more info in one glance, hence speeding me...and I do notice the slow down due to tabs. I deeply miss the functionality of the thumbnails. PLEASE, PLEASE, give us both options!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts