What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Datafile

Wbryce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have a small problem, does anyone know how to retrieve a datafile from the iPad which is created by an application? I use a pilots flight hours logbook on my iPad which syncs with the pc application via usb and for some reason its no longer syncing. On the pc the file is just a singular datafile so a manual sync would involve a direct copy/paste job. I just don't know how to get to the file in the iPad. Any ideas?

I have a ipad2 on iOS 5.1.

intro2ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you fire up iTunes (with your iPad connected), then click on the Apps tab, do you see the app in question listed in the Apps pane? If so click on it, with luck all of the documents it has saved (or data files) will be in the Documents pane to the right of the Apps pane. Click on one then click the Save To button.

Cheers
Dale
intro2ipad.com: "Video tutorials for your iPad - a beginners guide" - iPad app

OP
W

Wbryce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Dale, your advice worked!

Most reactions

Latest posts