What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost many files when trying to sync my Ipad2 with a new computer

mizmohsen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While trying to sync my new Ipad2 to a new computer, I lost many files on my IPad. I do not see those files on the desk top computer either. Where are the files gone and how I can retrieve them. I am new to syncing.
Thanks.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to be very careful when using the iTunes Virus. especially when it is defined to Sync everything.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you did not create a backup in iTunes and made sure all your media was Transferred to iTunes first, then it is gone. Even then, there are some files and media that need to be saved separately.

This is the most complete list of preparations for transferring your stuff to a new device I've seen. While it isn't exactly what you need to move to a new computer, it covers almost everything you should do, including the all important Transfer Purchases, which bypasses iTunes usual erase and sync approach to a new computer.

How to back up your data and set up as a new device

Most reactions

Latest posts