What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Data stored on ipad

deichkorn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I copied movies directly to the ipad by dragging them from windows explorer to the ipad device in itunes, rather than loading into itunes and then transferring to the ipad.

I've since deleted the files in windows thinking I would be able to copy them back from the ipad later. No such luck. It seems that now the files are on the ipad (via a direct transfer, rather than itunes sync) I cannot copy them back to windows. The ipad is not set to sync, I have the option checked to manually manage the device. I tried to turn on sync for movies but was quickly warned that any existing content on the ipad would be erased.

Any ideas? Is there an app to get the content off or do I need to jailbreak to get the videos back?

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might go download iFunBox (for Windows or Mac). You don't have to be JB'n in order to view all your files. Not sure if you can manipulate them or not but I believe you can.
Anyone else?

Most reactions

Latest posts