What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simple Way to put music on iPad without iTunes

jefffanguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to put music on iPad without iTunes's syncing? 4Media iPad to PC transfer can easily copy songs, videos and other files from computer to iPad in a new computer without iTunes. In addition to this, users can sync, backup, copy and transfer between iPad – PC – iTunes in all ways, no restrictions at all! And you need not worry since syncing 3-way would not mess up or even wipe out your library.
Organizing, transferring and syncing is so much easier with 4Media iPad to PC Transfer.
Here’s 4Media iPad to PC tutorial, tips and tricks. Download and install 4Media iPad to PC Transfer at first.
Tips: iTunes need not running if you start 4Media iPad Transfer. Plug your device once iPad Transfer is running.
Put music on iPad in multiple ways

Drag and drop music files or file folders from your source window to iPad to PC Transfer window;

m-ipad-to-pc-transfer-music-to-ipad-tip-1.jpg

OR Click File…

m-ipad-to-pc-transfer-music-to-ipad-tip-2.jpg

…or click the iPad button to upload files or folders.

m-ipad-to-pc-transfer-music-to-ipad-tip-3.jpg

Once files or folders are loaded into iPad to PC Transfer window, wait for the files to load and it will automatically be synced to your iPad.
To load album covers/artworks
Select songs that you want to load with album artwork.
Tip: It is much easier to view in thumbnail mode so you would be able to see which songs don’t have album artwork.
Click Select All > Right Click > Modify ID3 Information

m-ipad-to-pc-transfer-music-to-ipad-tip-4.jpg

With ID3 Info Window open, locate the album artwork you want to load. Drag and drop the image as album artwork on the Artwork Box.

m-ipad-to-pc-transfer-music-to-ipad-tip-5.jpg

Click Ok and it will load the album artwork for you.
4Media iPad to Pc Transfer organizes, syncs, transfers, and manages your iPad files to PC and iTunes. But with 4Media iPad to PC Transfer, copy and backup songs, videos, photos, and other files from iPad to PC.

OP
J

jefffanguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently, 4Media has the Autumn Promotion,
10% off Coupon code: mcd2773742 with all products purchase + 15% off at Second Time Purchase!

OP
J

jefffanguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4Media iPad Max features:

• Export iPad content to Mac/PC computer for backup
  • Mac/PC iPad Transfer, transfer iPad files to iTunes library
  • Import movies, music and photos from Mac/PC to iPad
  • Rip CD/DVD and transfer to iPad directly
  • Convert iPad incompatible videos/audios and transfer to iPad
  • Create/delete/rename photo albums with the Mac iPad converter
  • iPad FW 3.2.1, iTunes 10, iPad OS 3.2.1, iOS 4.1, iPod touch 4, supported

TheBigCheese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What advantage does this have over iTunes? iTunes is free and you have to pay for this and it will stop working when Apple updates the iPad so you will have to get an upgrade.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I may have to try this out.

As for benefits:
Sync to more than one computer
Copy music from iPad to another PC
Easier tag editing (I still have some album info iTunes screwed up)
Not have to deal with iTunes sucky interface
Put music on my iPad from work computer, or home.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zumocast allows you to download music or stream it from your computer but you have to listen to it from the application. You can't listen in the background like you do on the iPod app. It allows you to see photos and movies too.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Zumocast allows you to download music or stream it from your computer but you have to listen to it from the application. You can't listen in the background like you do on the iPod app. It allows you to see photos and movies too.

This one is basically a complete replacement for iTunes with a simplified interface. No special software is needed on the iPad side from what I can tell, so everything on the iPad works normally. It also gets around iTunes' one ipad - one computer restriction.

I hate iTunes, but the iPad does so much on its own that I rarely have to use it. It would be nice to have an alternative, its not urgent enough to pay that much.

joephoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm interested in learning more about this. Can you tell us about how it handles photos/images? I see on the site that they have a photo album feature. Does it allow users to decide which order they want photos in? This is a huge frustration for me with the iPad's built-in gallery. I'm using a Win7 machine so I don't have iPhoto available to help with the sorting.

Henk13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This one is basically a complete replacement for iTunes with a simplified interface. No special software is needed on the iPad side from what I can tell, so everything on the iPad works normally. It also gets around iTunes' one ipad - one computer restriction.

Does this means that I can run this software even if I don't have itunes installed on the PC?
I need a software that I can use on my work PC, and preferably without itunes on it. But if I must install a fresh copy of itunes on my work PC, is this software going to prevent itunes to recognize my ipad and sync with it, so I can use my Ipad as usual with itunes on my home PC after that?
If this is possible than I would say the money is worth.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Does this means that I can run this software even if I don't have itunes installed on the PC?
I need a software that I can use on my work PC, and preferably without itunes on it. But if I must install a fresh copy of itunes on my work PC, is this software going to prevent itunes to recognize my ipad and sync with it, so I can use my Ipad as usual with itunes on my home PC after that?

Thats the way I understand it. I'm sure you cant activate a new iPad with it, but once you have your iPad setup with iTune, it looks like you could theoretically manage it with this software from multiple computers.

Last edited:

Henk13

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thats the way I understand it. I'm sure you can activate a new iPad with it, but once you have your iPad setup with iTune, it looks like you could theoretically manage it with this software from multiple computers.

Anybody tried it yet?
I would like to ask those questions to the developer, but I can't find their web site so we will know for sure.

Most reactions

Latest posts