What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Sync Issues

Pszilard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
photos.remektek.com.au
Howdie,

I am on a Windows 7 platform and have an iPad and an iPhone 4, both s/w version 4.2.1

Using iTunes, I can transfer movies to the iPhone, but not to the iPad! I have looked at the iTunes setting on both and they are identical, but no movies make it to the Pad.

Any suggestions?

PS: It seems that the movie files do get copied as the free storage space is reduced as movies are selected for syncing, but they are not available in iTunes on the PAD. I have tried rebooting but no help.

Last edited:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well . Time and again I repeat stating "Never Ever defined the iPAD to SYNC books and PDF"
You can keep your eBooks (ePUB) books and PDF Magazines or book in a special folder that you may name it iBOOK.
You can always get that folder select all your books . Paste them in your iTune LIB.
Once they are in the LIB, Select them and copy to the Device .
Once it is on your device, go ahead and delete all of them from iTune LIB.

Simple .

I download every day at least 10 PDF Magazines, just copy to my iPAD in the method mentioned above, and forget about them. I even delete it from my PC.

OP
P

Pszilard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
photos.remektek.com.au
Well . Time and again I repeat stating "Never Ever defined the iPAD to SYNC books and PDF"
You can keep your eBooks (ePUB) books and PDF Magazines or book in a special folder that you may name it iBOOK.
You can always get that folder select all your books . Paste them in your iTune LIB.
Once they are in the LIB, Select them and copy to the Device .
Once it is on your device, go ahead and delete all of them from iTune LIB.

Simple .

I download every day at least 10 PDF Magazines, just copy to my iPAD in the method mentioned above, and forget about them. I even delete it from my PC.

I wonder if you replied to the wrong thread, My post was not about PDFs but about movies not showing after sync on the iPad, whereas they work fine on the iPhone.

Cheers,

OP
P

Pszilard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
photos.remektek.com.au
Maybe I missed something, but have you looked in the videos folder? Mine get synched there automagically.

I am expecting that the iPad should work like the iPhone. In other words when I register a movie in iTunes, and then designate that movie to sync to the iPad, then it should get transferred and appear listed in the iPod program on the Pad. This is exactly what happens on my iPhone, but had stopped from happening on the iPad. (It did work some time ago).

Most reactions