What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the best way to transfer video files

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is the suggested method of transferring video files to the iPad? I've not had any luck putting them in the Photos directory as it won't sync and I tried to copy them to the TV shows and Movies area of iTunes but they weren't accepted. These are mp4 files.

JChidester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.reunionwebcoach.com
somewhat related Question.

I'm using a time-lapse app that captures individual images then renders them into a movie. So far, so good. But where are the individual images stored? how can I move them to an area I can see and edit/select? I'd like to be able to 'freeze' on a single shot (by repeating it), for example. I can move the rendered movie to the camera roll or email it or post it to Facebook.

How can I offload the individual images?

Thanks...

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Beerman said:
What is the suggested method of transferring video files to the iPad? I've not had any luck putting them in the Photos directory as it won't sync and I tried to copy them to the TV shows and Movies area of iTunes but they weren't accepted. These are mp4 files.

I use AVplayerHD that allows you to transfer either wifi or USB....

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know you've said they are mp4, but try converting them via handbrake or videora iPhone converter
I had a similar experience

Sent from my iPad 2 32GB White using iPF

oneperspective

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All supported video files have to managed by itunes. So add your video file to itunes by opening itunes. Hit file in top menu, then add to library from the drop down menu. Find the the file you want to add and press choose. The file should now start transferring to your itunes library. It should automatically be added to the appropriate section.
Make sure you tick the file and it should be added to your ipad when you next sinc it with itunes.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
All supported video files have to managed by itunes. So add your video file to itunes by opening itunes. Hit file in top menu, then add to library from the drop down menu. Find the the file you want to add and press choose. The file should now start transferring to your itunes library. It should automatically be added to the appropriate section.
Make sure you tick the file and it should be added to your ipad when you next sinc it with itunes.

Drag and drop works too. Find the video file and with iTunes open drag the file to the "Library" section of the sidebar. The video will be added to either the movies tab or the tv shows tab depending on file information.

OP
Beerman

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Drag and drop works too. Find the video file and with iTunes open drag the file to the "Library" section of the sidebar. The video will be added to either the movies tab or the tv shows tab depending on file information.
Thanks everyone for the tips!
The drag and drop simply won't work for me as well as a friend who's tried the same thing. I'm either an uber idiot or something is not working.
However, I've been able to sync with Itunes but I've found the best way is just to use the Photosync app which puts it in the 'camera roll' and I can play them fine. Also, goodreader works well.
As for AVPlayerHD, I think I'm going to give it a try.

Most reactions

Latest posts