What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Data entry on Ipad for Medical, Patient tracking/ billing help

iDocMike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, great forum. I came here in hopes to gain some insight to using, an Ipad to enter and keep track of patient data on my iPad, be able to print this standard form and save the data I enter for each patient. I typically use a one page sheet and enter information with pen and file the old school way. I want to be able to enter this data on Ipad. As of right now, I have a scan (tiff) image of the sheet I want to use , but I have not been able to get any further, on mac side or IPad side. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could convert it to PDF and try SignMyiPad. I haven't used it myself but other have and seem to think it's pretty sweet.

Or, you could start over and create a Numbers document. Numbers on the iPad has the ability to create and use forms for data entry. This would be more exportable later, and would work well with it's OSX counterpart.

Then there are data bases like Bento. The iPad version by itself it isn't much more than a convenient way to enter data or search through shorter databases. But coupled with the OSX version it can do quite a bit more.

I'd consult with an IT expert in your own field before going to far with any of these solutions though. I've worked with just enough hospital related computer systems to know that the confidentiality and security requirements can be tricky, not to mention a legal mine field. I'm not sure that the iPad can meet the requirements for any solution that leaves identifiable patient data stored on the iPad.

I vaguely remember an article about iPads being implemented in a hospital (Chicago?). One of the touted features of the solution they were using was that no patient data was actually stored on the device. It was merely an access point for their main records keeping system.

Heretik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LifeLog is a great ap which allows you to program/create surveys/databases and is aimed at medical applications. It will even create graphs from your data for you which is a nice little feature.

FormotusGlen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see this is an old thread, but if anyone else is looking for medical forms for iPad, you should check out Formotus mobile medical forms. We have ready-made forms and the best way to make custom forms without any coding.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all, great forum. I came here in hopes to gain some insight to using, an Ipad to enter and keep track of patient data on my iPad, be able to print this standard form and save the data I enter for each patient. I typically use a one page sheet and enter information with pen and file the old school way. I want to be able to enter this data on Ipad. As of right now, I have a scan (tiff) image of the sheet I want to use , but I have not been able to get any further, on mac side or IPad side. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

I would have to agree with Tweppoet regarding the HIPAA's Health Information Privacy Rule and ensure that your patient's personal health information is secure and meets the regulatory requirements.

We have started to access our Onechart hospital program through the use of apps using ipads. The ipad is strictly for viewing information through a secure web site. In addition, our docs/nurses can also view radiographs, appointments, etc. We have also began using the app LOGMEIN as well for remote access for our weekend staff. Not sure how that is working since it was just implemented last month.

As any mobile device: laptop, thumbdrive, phone--it is important to consider what information is being stored and that it is not at risk for breaching patient privacy.

Hope that helps...

Most reactions