What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help - Need a data entry app for an expo

kjreif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help I am going to a last minute bridal expo and instead of having prospects fill out a form with their contact info and wedding date, I wanted to use my ipad. I found the app Data Dig, but you can't customize the fields and I really need to know their wedding dates for this to work for me. Does anyone know of a great app for this?

Thanks so much!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a form that I've created in Pages, then saved as a PDF. Then I use the app 'SignMyPad' that enables me to create custom boxes, radio buttons etc on my PDF and then let customers sign the resulting document - either using their finger or a stylus. That PDF can then be emailed to them as a receipt, or printed out if I have access to a printer and I get to keep a copy for my records.

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have a Mac, I recommend getting Bento for both the iPad and Mac. Don't bother with it if you don't though. There is no way of getting the data back off the iPad without the OS X version on a computer to sync with.

Other than that, it would be almost perfect.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hm, you could also use Numbers I suppose. The data will be in a spreadsheet, but Numbers lets you create a form to enter the data. Not as pretty a solution as Bento, but the data is very exportable and the form gives you an easy way to make new entries.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was curious, and killing time, so I looked at the DataDig program you mentioned. I see it has a big brother called Survey Now! Maybe that will do the job for you.

alvaro1983

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was this issue resolved? I tried looking into the data dig and survey now apps but neither one does what I'm looking for. I use an excel spreadsheet on my laptop (Windows) which I use to keep track of my customers and have columns categories for: name, address, phone, date, amount, etc.

I am looking for a simple app for my iPhone which will let me draft my own "customized form" in an easy-to-fill display so I can fill in the categories while I'm out dealing with the customers and then send them to my e-mail so I can later that week simply copy and paste them into the spreadsheet in my laptop.

Is there any app that does this?

Most reactions

Latest posts