What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damn-smug iPhone friends

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a slew of friends with iPhones. They want to see my iPad, but then when I show off its whoppee apps, they say, "Oh, I can do that on my iPhone." Smug sh*tz. :rolleyes:

I want apps that aren't on their damn iPhones I can show 'em so they stop dismissing my iPad as just a bigger iPhone with no phone and no camera.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

CM

Fool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad is a much more quality way to enjoy what we have all got used to!!!

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol yeah i have both now and the cool thing is that the iPad can do all the iPhone can with out a problem but not the other way around! Show them netflix! Or a magazine app. And tell them that you don't pay a monthly to stare at a tiny screen!

They only say that cause you only have an iPad get both and show them a lll the cool thing they can both do together as one! Then look at their faces!

FahQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both are great products, iPhone is more of a necessity but I enjoy using my iPad much more

poshpantspaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for this very reason I keep my 'show off' apps on my front screen...

The Elements
Pulse
BBC News
Marvel Comics
Smule
MacUser Mag

And if these don't impress offer them a game of Foosball HD.

I have an iPhone but I find it very difficult to switch back to using iPhone versions of apps.

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPhone but I find it very difficult to switch back to using iPhone versions of apps.

Same here, LOL. I'd add to Paddy's list Osfoora HD (Twitter app), Plants v Zombies and...um...any website. Websurfing on iPad is way, way, WAY better than doing it on iPhone.

poshpantspaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Same here, LOL. I'd add to Paddy's list Osfoora HD (Twitter app), Plants v Zombies and...um...any website. Websurfing on iPad is way, way, WAY better than doing it on iPhone.

Hadn't heard of Osfoora. Just downloaded it and it's going on the front page too!

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just hold your iPad as you normally do and tell them "Look, my reception doesn't drop out completely because I am holding my device". Tell them, "Look, I don't have to put scotch tape around the outside or put a silicone case around it for it to function". Say, "Check out this back made of metal and not glass, so if I drop it from a foot above the ground it doesn't shatter".

Just some thoughts.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just hold your iPad as you normally do and tell them "Look, my reception doesn't drop out completely because I am holding my device". Tell them, "Look, I don't have to put scotch tape around the outside or put a silicone case around it for it to function". Say, "Check out this back made of metal and not glass, so if I drop it from a foot above the ground it doesn't shatter".

Just some thoughts.

Lol true but slightly miss informed

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seriously, who cares about them. Tell them their iphone is clearly superior and that you are sorry you dont have one. Then go enjoy your iPad :)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol tell them you're sorry they could only afford the smallest model...

Most reactions

Latest posts