What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia Fix to reinstall Older version of a APP ?

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All -

I have a JB Ipad1 5.01 , My fav app is Directv, I used Xcon and it worked great untill Tonight when I updated the Dirctv app. (now i get the unJB message)

Is there a fix for this? Or Can I some how uninstall the the newer Directv app from my ipad and reinstall the older version saved on my pc via itunes?

Thanks
Tom

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The easiest way I can think of is this:
1. Disconnect your computer from the internet before opening itunes, then open iTunes.
2. Delete the DirectTV app from your iPad.
3. Connect your iPad to the computer with the USB cable and sync with itunes.
4. Click on the "apps" tab in itunes. (the one when you click on your iPad in the left and it will be up at the top)
5. Scroll through the list of apps on the left. The DirectTV app should be unchecked. Check the box and sync again.

OP
M

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The easiest way I can think of is this:
1. Disconnect your computer from the internet before opening itunes, then open iTunes.
2. Delete the DirectTV app from your iPad.
3. Connect your iPad to the computer with the USB cable and sync with itunes.
4. Click on the "apps" tab in itunes. (the one when you click on your iPad in the left and it will be up at the top)
5. Scroll through the list of apps on the left. The DirectTV app should be unchecked. Check the box and sync again.

Worked, Thank you!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that you've "saved" your older version of the app, see my post (#28) in this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/user-news-submissions/45537-xsysinfo-3.html. In it, I describe a way to (1) modify the app's plist (with iFile or SSHing in) if you're jail broken or (2) modify the app itself with a computer if you're not jail broken. Either way works ...

It's what I did to keep an older version of XSysInfo, but I don't see why it won't work with any other app you own.

One thing I did notice is that if you restore, you end up getting the newer version put on from iTunes (if you restore the iPad from backup). So, make sure you save the "fixed" version someplace ... cause you'll never know when you might need it again.

Marilyn

Most reactions