What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Directv app

rey_1178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.I apologize in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong area.I just updated the directv app and now I get a message saying directv is not supported on jail broken devices.I don't want to upgrade to iOS 5 and lose my jailbreak .I googled this issue and found no answers .anyone know a fix for this or a way to go to the previous version of the app? Thanks for any help.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not in the US, so am unable to test this, but I heard their jailbreak check is pretty pathetic. They simply look for the existence of the Cydia app, so if you change it's name to, for example "NoCydia", using iFile, the app will work...

No promises, but if it's true, then that's a simple temporary fix...

Last edited:

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is now a new update for the dtv app. And when I installed it, I got locked out again, I used the Cydia patch and it worked. But how do I know that the dtv app is the newest or did the patch just over rite it to the older app?

Thanks for all the good info.

Most reactions