What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Love Cydia But!?

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is my deal, I love having my Ipad 1 enhanced with cydia, My fav apps are FullForce, Xcon, SBSettings, Activator, I protect, Vlc. My Fav Itunes Apps are Directv and Ibooks. Well there is no fix for Ibooks on a JB device im holding out for the fix, But Just tonight Directv gave me the messege that this app is out of date and needs to be updated now. so here i am with no Dtv app - is there an update for this? is there a WWW where i can keep up to date on whats going on in the cydia world?

Thanks
Tom

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is my deal, I love having my Ipad 1 enhanced with cydia, My fav apps are FullForce, Xcon, SBSettings, Activator, I protect, Vlc. My Fav Itunes Apps are Directv and Ibooks. Well there is no fix for Ibooks on a JB device im holding out for the fix, But Just tonight Directv gave me the messege that this app is out of date and needs to be updated now. so here i am with no Dtv app - is there an update for this? is there a WWW where i can keep up to date on whats going on in the cydia world?

Thanks
Tom

In Cydia, there's a tweak called DirectTV iPad Patch. Maybe that'll help?

Also, there is an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 that fixed the iBooks problem. It's the latest version of redsn0w (redsn0w_win_0.9.10b4). See this forum link tutorial on how to use it: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...orial-jailbreak-ipad1-ios5-using-redsn0w.html

And, I may be prejudiced, but the best place to keep up to date on the latest and greatest is right here at iPadForums. We have an entire sub-forum dedicated to iPad Jailbreaking. Have a look through there and if you don't find an answer to a quests you may have, ask away. It's a pretty friendly bunch here - we'd be glad to help you out!

Good luck and hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
M

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks Mickey,

How do i upgrade to 10b4 from the version of redsnw i am on now? I am on the first version of unteathered Redsnow JB Ipad1.

And yes you are right this is the best place!

Thanks
Tom

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The easiest thing to do is probably install the Corona Untether Exploit package from Cydia (then reboot). That has the same effect as applying the redsn0w b4 version.

OP
M

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it working my iTunes wasn't up to date once I paid my bill I books works fine and I can download my purchases from the cloud.

thanks, this place is the best

Most reactions

Latest posts