What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curling effect of iBooks for pdf too?

mha1703

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

When I read the PDF files in iBooks there is no curling effect over there like it is for reading ebooks.
Is it possible to enable the curling effect for reading the PDF documents in the iBooks?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. There is no way to do this in the iBook app.

You might find a third party PDF reader that will do it. I seem to remember seeing a quick review of one, but can't remember the name. It was a newer one, and only a reader (no annotation or other PDF tricks).

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mha1703 said:
Hi

When I read the PDF files in iBooks there is no curling effect over there like it is for reading ebooks.
Is it possible to enable the curling effect for reading the PDF documents in the iBooks?

If by curling effect you mean this,

image-916832709.jpgI don't think it can be done with PDF files.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ah, there it is. I knew there was at least one.

PerfectReader Pro does page turn animation. Not as nice as iBooks (from the look of it) but there nonetheless.

Understand I am not recommending the app. I have no personal experience with it. The reviews are merely OK. But where one app exists, there will be others.

But if an improved reading experience with PDF files is important to you, then there are alternatives. You're just going to have to do some research.

Good luck.

markom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is curling transition for pdf's in Kobo app too but the best afaik is there in SideBooks, very close to iBooks, not just R-L or L-R but also T-B animation (Right, Left, Top, Bottom).

Both apps are free.

Last edited:

markom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nu-book is free too and curling transition is similar to perfect reader i.e not as good as SideBooks.

Last edited:

markom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, this was wrong because there is no curling transition for pdf's in Shubook, just for epub's.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts