What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good for textbooks???

turjohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am contemplating getting an ipad to read my textbooks on for school. I am wondering if there are many textbooks available as ibooks? If my particular text is not available as an ibook, is it possible to scan it as a PDF or something and read it that way? Would this even be a practical way to go about it?

Thanks in advance for the input.

rww002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure if there are many as Ibooks, but one of the reasons I got an IPAD was for textbooks. There is an app for course smart, which has ten thousand or more etextbooks on it from many main publishers. And with coursesmart you can highlight take notes on the text and take quizzes. You can check out there site
CourseSmart - iPad

Also if you click the top left coursesmart icon you can search for books and see their prices. Hope this helps.

OP
T

turjohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, that is almost exactly what I am looking for, with one problem. From what I could tell, after a year you no longer have access to the text, is that correct? At this point in my education, I would like to keep my textbooks for reference in later classes or possibly career. Any other suggestions?

Most reactions

Latest posts