What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

creditcard in appstore

heibon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, so i bought some apps for my daughters ipad 3, and id like her to be able to go and download free apps for herself. BUT when password for appstore/ icloudaccount is entered, she can also automatically download apps that arent free, as apparently my visacard number and 3 digit securitycode is also remembered. and so.. not that i dont trust my 12 year old and her classmates with my visa account......;) but is there any way to limit the access so she can only purchase free apps? or just make the ipad not remember my visa details?

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AFAIK you will have to remove your card details from your account to prevent "unauthorised" purchases. :)

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I removed my cc info from my kids iPhones/iPods/iPads and gave them each an iTunes gift card. When I initially gave them the devices I started with my cc info in there and switched it out. It is much easier with the iTunes gift card which you can purchase at a lot of stores like BestBuy and WalMart, even online from Apple. They come in different amounts and make great gifts too and much safer than having your cc info in there for a possible buying spree lol.

Most reactions

Latest posts