What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CTV App downloaded last year but can't find it now (CANADA)

dgkoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had downloaded the CTV app on my ipad 1 last year and watch Greys Anatomy and others on it. Now my daughter has bought the ipad 3 and went to download the CTV app so she can watch Greys Anatomy and it is nowhere to be found. When we looked it up on the internet there is a page for the CTV app and a link to the App Store but when it takes you into the App Store it says that it is not in the Canadian store.

How can I get that Canadian app that I have on my ipad1 onto her ipad3?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dgkoss said:
I had downloaded the CTV app on my ipad 1 last year and watch Greys Anatomy and others on it. Now my daughter has bought the ipad 3 and went to download the CTV app so she can watch Greys Anatomy and it is nowhere to be found. When we looked it up on the internet there is a page for the CTV app and a link to the App Store but when it takes you into the App Store it says that it is not in the Canadian store.

How can I get that Canadian app that I have on my ipad1 onto her ipad3?

What you can do is sync your iPad 1 with iTunes on your computer. This will load the app in iTunes. Later, when you sync your iPad 3, you can go through the iTunes list of apps on your iPad 3 and add the CTV app to the list by checking it off.
I have several apps that are no longer available in iTunes and I use this method to transfer them to other devices.
BTW, this method will only work if both iPads are on the same iTunes account, with the same user ID.

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
BTW, this method will only work if both iPads are on the same iTunes account, with the same user ID.

A question also scifan: given that you use the same iTunes/Apple account (change it on the new iPad?), can you tap into the iTunes App already on the iPad3 and tap "Not on this iPad" up top. All your apps, free or purchased, will appear under that account, so just select the app you want to download?

I seem to remember doing this when I was stuffing around with apps that I had deleted then changed my mind and got them back. (eg bought Tapatalk which I like, then also bought TapatalkHD, hated the latter, and in a huff choofed it off, only to later bring it back for future experimentation on it. I think I used this method, but of course it was under the same account.
Regards, Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The OB said:
A question also scifan: given that you use the same iTunes/Apple account (change it on the new iPad?), can you tap into the iTunes App already on the iPad3 and tap "Not on this iPad" up top. All your apps, free or purchased, will appear under that account, so just select the app you want to download?

I seem to remember doing this when I was stuffing around with apps that I had deleted then changed my mind and got them back. (eg bought Tapatalk which I like, then also bought TapatalkHD, hated the latter, and in a huff choofed it off, only to later bring it back for future experimentation on it. I think I used this method, but of course it was under the same account.
Regards, Andrew

An app you downloaded that's now no longer available in the App Store won't appear in the iTunes purchased list on the iPad. It will only appear in the app list in iTunes on your computer if you backed up your ipad.This is where you have to go to transfer it to another iPad.

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
An app you downloaded that's now no longer available in the App Store won't appear in the iTunes purchased list on the iPad. It will only appear in the app list in iTunes on your computer if you backed up your ipad.This is where you have to go to transfer it to another iPad.

Thanks! Must read those posts more carefullyregards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been looking for the CTV app and now realize it's been taken down.
GRRR!

Chas

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdAtCh said:
same problm here

Hi,
I just called my local CFRN-CTV, and explained the confusion over their missing CTV app.
The receptionist is calling Toronto to find out what's up.
Their app is supposed to be there. But she also mentioned trying the Bell Mobile TV app.

They will try to get back to me sometime today, tomorrow at the latest with an answer.

Chas

Most reactions

Latest posts