What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating Photo Albums ON the iPad

AZRaptor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm pretty new the world of Mac apps so this may be a question with an obvious answer, but how do you create photo albums on your iPad instead of on a computer running iTunes?

Do I really have to connect to the computer to create an album????

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a Mac or Windows PC? I believe on the Mac, the photo albums are created under iPhoto.

On the PC, It's done by syncing iTunes with a folder, and the sub-folders will be different albums.

This was taken from another MacRumors:

As it turns out, you need to make a folder on your PC hard disk for all the pictures you want to add to the iPad. Then, make sub directories in that folder with folder names you want as albums on the iPad. Now you copy all the photos you want to put on the iPad in its appropriately named directory. Once you finish, connect your iPad to you PC, load up iTunes, click on your iPod device. Go to the "Photos" tab and point to the master directory (only) for syncing that you just created on your PC. Select all directories. All the sub directories you created, with photos in them will appear on the iPad as same named "albums".

pjpark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks so much for those instructions; I have been struggling with this for a half hour. Who knew that something as complicated as creating a new photo album on the iPad could be so intuitive and simple!

pcimaging

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish we could take photos we import to the iPad from the camera and place them in an appropriate album. Or even rename albums afterwards from the iPad. Why should that not be easy?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The photos section of the iPad is very basic and could really do with some improvement.
Display is great but organisation non-existent.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish we could take photos we import to the iPad from the camera and place them in an appropriate album. Or even rename albums afterwards from the iPad. Why should that not be easy?

This should be something Apple includes in a future update. Why is there no 2-way sync with iPhoto? Meaning, why can't we make albums on the iPad for photos imported with the camera kit, and have them sync to iPhoto?! It seems so simple...

Jazzinatl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Applgasm-Apps: Your apps look promising, but based on the reviews on iTunes, perhaps you should spend more time debugging rather than promoting them here without disclosing they are your apps.

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i had my ipad jb'd, and bought the app below from cydia, quite happy with the added functionalities.

"Photoalbums+ for iPad" - it creates folders within the native photos app

ExTexan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where are the free versions

I looked for PhotoShack, found one for $4.99 and another for $14.99. Where's the free version you're talking about?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Creating albums and managing photos directly on your iPad will be available in iOS 5 within a month or so.

-t

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thewitt said:
Creating albums and managing photos directly on your iPad will be available in iOS 5 within a month or so.

-t

I am so so so so so excited for this. If iOS 5 brought no other challenges, I'd be happy as a clam.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Afsoccer9

iPF Noob
Reaction score

-t

How do you know??? I would like so send an album to someone but don't want to send all of my photos!

Most reactions

Latest posts