What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 Photo App

HappyLRG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to apple products, my first being a IPad 2. My question concerns the photo app. Every picture I take or download defaults to an album called camera role. I have 3 tabs in the app, (photos, albums, places). How do I create new albums so I can sort my pictures as I wish.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can not put pictures you take with the iPad into an album in the Photos app. At least not directly. The only way to create albums in the Photos app is to sync them from your computer using iTunes.

To get around this many members use third party apps. Two of the most popular are Photo-Sort and Photo Manager Pro. A third, Photo Shack Pro is supposed to work with photos already int he Photos app. The others create their own database, though you can copy photos from the Photos app.

Or you can wait for iOS 5. There is an announcement coming from Apple 4 October. We'll probably hear a release date then, or maybe they will even release it. There are supposed to be some improvements to the Photos app, though I have no idea of those improvements will do everything you want.

Most reactions