What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked the ipad screen, got a free replacement from the apple store

Status
Not open for further replies.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash_beezy said:
I just replaced my glass myself, ended up taking to the apple store after and replaced with a new unit :p

5 days before my warranty expires.

Nice to learn that Apple cares.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jpauly420 said:
Did any of you have the apple care insureance?

Nope. I insure my iPad through Worth Ave Group. It covers for full replacement under just about every type of situation, including theft.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mar69jen said:
Hi, may i noe which apple store did u went to?

Doesn't matter which store in particular. I doubt any one store is any better than another in terms of replacing broken iPads. It all depends on the reps you come into contact with, your individual situation, how straightforward, honest, patient and polite you are and so forth. If you don't get the results you want, you could try one more store some other day. If no go there as well, it's not likely it's ever going to happen,

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

yujin623

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped mine but the screen is fine. Just the corners are damaged badly. The only thing is that the screen has been moved up and to the right.. Its kind of out of box. Is it possible to ask for a free replacement? It's cause the damages are not major..

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
yujin623 said:
I dropped mine but the screen is fine. Just the corners are damaged badly. The only thing is that the screen has been moved up and to the right.. Its kind of out of box. Is it possible to ask for a free replacement? It's cause the damages are not major..

Well, you can always try and ask. Couldn't hurt. It's all decided on a case-by-case basisand it also depends on the rep you talk to. If the screen is just no longer flush within the frame along one corner/edge but it works perfectly, be aware there's a chance they may not replace it.

sneha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good day Mr Apple,

My name is sneha. I study in Grade 8 and am from australia but now in Dubai as my dad works there. My ipod has been my only companion since i moved to Dubai and left my best friends behind. Today I am heartbroken to see my best mate broken. The screen has broken but it still works. I hate to tell my dad about the broken screen as it was his birthday gift. I have dh100 and dont know if it will help to fix.
from
sneha

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sneha said:
Good day Mr Apple,

My name is sneha. I study in Grade 8 and am from australia but now in Dubai as my dad works there. My ipod has been my only companion since i moved to Dubai and left my best friends behind. Today I am heartbroken to see my best mate broken. The screen has broken but it still works. I hate to tell my dad about the broken screen as it was his birthday gift. I have dh100 and dont know if it will help to fix.
from
sneha

Hi Sneha and welcome to the Forum!

I think the best thing to do here is tell your dad, I know it will be hard but honesty is always the best way to go. He will find out eventually so it's best to do it straight away and then he will be able to help you get it fixed.

We are a privately owned Forum and we are not connected to Apple in any way, so you will need to make an appointment with the Genius Bar at Apple. They will most probably offer to swap your iPad for another new one of the same model but at a price. If this is what you do just make sure you do a complete backup of your ipad before going to Apple.

There is another concern here also, did you buy your iPad in Australia? While you can take it to an Apple store in Dubai, any iPad purchased in Dubai is fundamentally different to other iPads because of government restrictions and you won't have the FaceTime feature. It is something to think about first.

Please do not post twice on an issue as it divides any information given and is also against Forum Rules, your other post has now been deleted.

Good luck Sneha.

SarahNeedle1872

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, joined after looking for solutions to my problem. I dropped my 3 month old new iPad this morning :( onto concrete from about 2ft high. Phoned my local Apple store this morning (Im in the uk) have an appointment for Friday... I'm totally prepared to pay as it was my fault, but I am slightly buoyed by reading that Apple sometimes replace for free....
Will update when I know whats what

Sarah

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SarahNeedle1872 said:
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, joined after looking for solutions to my problem. I dropped my 3 month old new iPad this morning :( onto concrete from about 2ft high. Phoned my local Apple store this morning (Im in the uk) have an appointment for Friday... I'm totally prepared to pay as it was my fault, but I am slightly buoyed by reading that Apple sometimes replace for free....
Will update when I know whats what

Sarah

Hi Sarah and welcome to the Forum!

You never know what Apple will do but make sure you have your iPad backed up completely.

Good luck!

SarahNeedle1872

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Hi Sarah and welcome to the Forum!

You never know what Apple will do but make sure you have your iPad backed up completely.

Good luck!

Thanks Leelai,

I'll back everything up the night before to doubly make sure :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I reason I pay $99 for Applecare+ is so if I drop mine.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Unfortunately we don't have AppleCare+ in the UK.

The Archangel

If people bought it on a credit card, it may be worth checking the card policy on replacing broken items. Some of my cards offer quite amazing extra warranty. Which I am sure would be a hassle to use but better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts