What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked the ipad screen, got a free replacement from the apple store

Status
Not open for further replies.

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be nice if you could the Asurion ins for the IPad like u can for your phones......

Mel

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF!

vlg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for Gkauf3

Just wondering for
r0.png

Gkauf3 and the rest of you who had similar experiences, do you have apple care?

thanks!

Gkauf3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vlg said:
Just wondering for

thanks!

I do not have Apple Care. And, technically, apple care would not cover damage from dropping anyway. So, I was pleasantly surpassed and thankful that they replaced my IPad for no charge.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vlg said:
Just wondering for

thanks!

I do not have Apple Care. And, technically, apple care would not cover damage from dropping anyway. So, I was pleasantly surpassed and thankful that they replaced my IPad for no charge.

I had similar outstanding customer service from them when I took my iPad in yesterday for the rubber gasket coming out.

doubleR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really do enjoy Apple, not as a fanboy but as a company in itself. They make good products and every now and again they surprise a customer with goodwill. FTW.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They have a one-off 'ask no questions' policy for issues like this. They are a very customer-centric organisation that realise that good customer service leads to customers being happy and recommending them to other potential customers. It's a pity more companies don't realise this.

Tim

Curlydog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have always found far better customer service in the Apple Store. I always prefer to buy directly from the store, although they are often helpful regardless. Returns are so much easier. The employees will often help even when you are out of warranty and AppleCare.

Buttafingas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DSSK said:
I have never had to go to the genius bar. should I make an appointment or just drop in?

Make an appt. It might be the difference in waiting 45 mins or 5 mins. Reserve online.

OP
P

p53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an update:

The apple store called me about 5 days after my initial visit and told me that my new ipad was ready to be picked up. I walked in and gave them my cracked ipad and they gave me a brand new ipad2 still in the plastic. Really pleased with how things turned out.

Ryan

Eviljunkee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, I recently bought my iPad1 used from a guy on Craigslist, I wonder Apple would go above and beyond if something were to happen to mine. *fingers crossed* Hopefully I won't have to..

polkbros

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apple replaced my ipad 2screen as well

accidentally dropped my ipad2 and the screen broke.

went to the apple store and they gave me a 1 time courtesy replacement.

Thanks to Apple

Great customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts