What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked Screen on Ipad2 --Apple service is horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmashy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Hong Kong, there is no official Apple store here, only official resellers and repair centers.

The screen cracked on my brand new out of the box USA iPad 2, and I did not do any physical damage abuse or anything to it. It must have had a crack prior to me openning it and then within a couple of days, the crack has spread to reach from side of one corner to the other side! Note: there is only ONE crack

I took it directly to the Apple repair center (the one they designate in HK) and they said they would need to send it to Apple for review.

And surprisingly three days later, Apple comes back and says there is multiple cracks and will not replace my iPad 2. THE FUNNY thing is, there are stories of people on this forum that has had great Apple service, who could walk into an Apple Shop and had there cracked screen iPad replaced, but this is not the case here.

I am stuck with an iPad 2 that is cracked, not even BY ME, and may now be even further cracked by the repair shop, and yet I suffered horrible Apple Service and still declined a replacement.

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought that new. Cylinder shaped store was in Hong Kong. Where is it then?

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

OP
K

Kmashy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried through the phone, but they just keep looping around. I only got up to senior advisor on the phone. There is no apple representative I can approach in person in Hong Kong, this is just ridiculous!

Ex_Brit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Considering a friend of mine absent-mindedly put his iPhone4 through a washing machine and of course it filled up with water and was completely ruined...Apple Store in downtown Toronto swapped it

Whilst that may be an exception as I don't think I would have swapped it had I worked there I am just saying that service obviously varies widely from place to place.

I'm not surprised that a licensed agency would have to send it off for inspection first as they don't have the authority to act like Apple employees.

Can't you phone them and appeal the decision? State that it was damaged in the box prior to purchase.

If you paid by credit card you also have the opportunity to dispute the charge because of unsatisfactory merchandise.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you or a friend are headed to the U.S. anytime soon, you might want to try for a replacement in the U.S.

I bought my iPhone 4 via Apple.com.hk while on assignment in Hong Kong. I dropped it in the U.S. and went to a U.S. Apple store, and they offered me an unsolicited free replacement. They never asked where I bought my phone, or whether I had AppleCare. (I don't, and AppleCare doesn't cover drops, anyway.) All I did was show them the shattered screen.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
If you or a friend are headed to the U.S. anytime soon, you might want to try for a replacement in the U.S.

I bought my iPhone 4 via Apple.com.hk while on assignment in Hong Kong. I dropped it in the U.S. and went to a U.S. Apple store, and they offered me an unsolicited free replacement. They never asked where I bought my phone, or whether I had AppleCare. (I don't, and AppleCare doesn't cover drops, anyway.) All I did was show them the shattered screen.

Why is it that stories like this never cease to amaze me? :)

charlie2012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been to apple in Hong Kong but they are no good and there attitude is horrible. They only treat you nice when you buy an iPad but for repair they don't care. I don't even bother to go to apple anymore for repairs in fact I found a local company professional in apple repairs so I bring all my apple products to them in case of any problem. I actually got my iPad screen replaced there first time. Here is contact information for anyone who is frustrated with apple service center.
Macwin Technology
Flat G, 11/F Imperial Building,
58 Canton Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong

Charlie:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts