What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could this be why the new jailbreak didn't work for me?

Hazman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No its because you can't jailbreak iPads with a model that has "MB" in it. All successful jailbreaks have had "MC" iPad models. Hopefully geohot will fix this but it's not user error.

Mine MC496ZP still unsuccessful ...

OP
M

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's because half the people here aren't doing it correctly...

You sir are an idiot.

Of course we're doing it correctly. Some of us are able to jailbreak one of our iPads and not two. We're able to follow the instructions they are very easy. There is some sort of hardware or software difference on our ipads that must be prohibiting us from getting the jailbreak.

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's because half the people here aren't doing it correctly...

You sir are an idiot.

Of course we're doing it correctly. Some of us are able to jailbreak one of our iPads and not two. We're able to follow the instructions they are very easy. There is some sort of hardware or software difference on our ipads that must be prohibiting us from getting the jailbreak.

What's with the personal attack? Not being able to jailbreak your iPad is not a reflection on your intelligence, you just can't do it. Stop being so insecure.

It's not a software bug. It's user error. More and more people have been able to do this after initially failing multiple times, and it's because they changed how they were doing it or read other people's posts, instead of wasting time venting and attacking others. And by the way, yes, the instructions are easy, but from doing it a couple of times I noticed that Geohot's timing for the button releases in Limera1n is slightly off. That's why I posted a link with detailed instructions on how to put your device into DFU mode. For people who have had the iPod Touch or iPhone since the early jailbreaking days (like me), DFU is easy. But it's actually quite tricky in the beginning to get the timing right.

You can call me an idiot, but at least I know how to jailbreak my iPad! :D

Last edited:

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fighting about it is not helping others. Stop it you two.

Had not tried yet but will try later on today....IF he releases the OSX version as I currently have no Windows and no PC....just an iMac.

Last edited:
F

frajeff91

Think I'm onto something though. When I plug my iPad into my computer, it AUTOMATICALLY turns on. And iTunes AUTOMATICALLY starts up, even though I've set iTunes to not start up when I plug the pad in. It pops up with constant annoying pop ups about detecting an iPad in recovery mode, even if I've already closed iTunes. I think that the fact that, if the iPad is plugged into a computer, it automatically turns on, is messing with the jailbreaking process. I've noticed that for the people doing it on youtube videos, you aren't constantly hearing the dings windows makes when a piece of hardware gets disconnected and reconnected, and mine does it CONSTANTLY. Have they changed a setting somewhere?

I'm going to try resetting the ipad to factory settings (after backing up, of course) and then doing it from a fresh clean boot.

dinedal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No its because you can't jailbreak iPads with a model that has "MB" in it. All successful jailbreaks have had "MC" iPad models. Hopefully geohot will fix this but it's not user error.

My "MB" iPad is jailbroken with limera1n.

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the way, mine is also an MB model and it worked fine.

bc83fd21.png

Last edited:

Arthur Hucksake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine took two attempts, successful on the third.

I was basically rushing it, by holding the buttons slightly longer than what the limera1n window appeared to show... it worked. (MB model iPad too.)

Didn't work on iOS 4 beta 2 whatsoever though, although I did get a blank limera1n icon at one stage.

Last edited:

Hazman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mine MC496ZP still unsuccessful ...

I d/L the lastest Limera1n ...and installed today ,

Just did it Once .... my Ipad is Jailbroken !!!

Most reactions

Latest posts