What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Convert Videos and DVDs to iPad?

Chrisman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my iPad and I hate having to pay for movies and media from iTunes. Plus i already have a good dvd collection.

I found this program Imtoo iPad Mate that will let me convert dvds and videos and also transfer ipad contents to computer, which is cool 'cause i can transfer my iPhone music to my ipad.

It works well, but just one problem, it's 60 bucks!
http://www.imtoo.com/ipad-mate.html

anyways, if anyone know any cheaper programs that has all the functions, or a crack for this one..
please let me know.

Last edited:

0002S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What OS are you running? If MAC then:

MAC the Ripper or Handbreak - rip DVD
Visual Hub - convert video files

Goggle to find

lilman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best free video converter is Handbrake.
If you're willing to spend some money then the best paid program is
Wondershare DVD Converter Ultimate ($66).

By the way, I recommend using a high quality iPod profile (640x480, 1500kbps, h.264) rather than an iPad hq profile. The hq iPod videos look great on the iPad and are half the file size of iPad hq videos.

OP
C

Chrisman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
0002s and lilman,

thanks for your responses, I know video converters and dvd rippers can get videos and dvds to ipad format, but they are not so convenient.

I want to find something equivalent to imtoo's iPad Mate which is a iPad Manager, it works like itunes except it can rip dvds, convert videos, and transfer ipad contents all-in-one.

anyways, i think i might have to fork out the 60 bucks. I've been trying to find a crack, but I think maybe it's too new? but if anyone finds one, please let me know..

thanks,

Dunatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Handbrake is free and works great, I have converted hundreds of DVDs with it

OP
C

Chrisman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad mate just makes things easier, I can copy a friends ipad movies and songs to my ipad.

eddie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Conversion Suite

Hey,

I use the Cucusoft ipad Video Conversion Suite and I'm really happy. It's super fast. They have one solution for AVI to iPad (30$) and then another one for DVD to iPad (30$ as well). Then there's a bundle combining both products available for 40$: ipadvideoconverter.mobi
I hope it helps!
eddie :ipad-movie:

Chocolate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
convert

MelodyCan will convert ALL video and audio formats that you can play with Windows Media player, iTunes player or Apple Quick Time. Media copy protection will be removed after convertion.

marichards

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FormatFactory

I've found FormatFactory as excellent and easy to use to creat all forms of videos to iPad compatible.

niuxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got one video/dvd to ipad is very worth, thus we can save much money.

Here's one best selling iPad Mate for Mac (only $48.00) which is very powerful but great value. (also including three powerful functions: video/audio to ipad, dvd to ipad and transfer ipad between computer/itunes, etc.)

For excellent vdeo/dvd to ipad for windows, you can visit here for more.

Most reactions

Latest posts