What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contacts from gmail to ipad

rwilts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you set up gmail on iPad select contacts to sync when you select email and calendar . Can be selected after set up as well.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
FWIW, if you use Gmail for email, calendar and contacts, set up 2 accounts on the iPad. Use Exchange and connect to Gmail for Calendar and Contacts and set up a second non-Exchange for Gmail using IMAP.

This will keep your calendar, contacts and email synced up the "best" from what I have seen. If you use Exchange for Gmail email, it can hiccup once in a while for no reason at all.

Even though you use 2 accounts, everything works seamlessly.

Dukins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I to have gmail account. Its quite easy without an app.

1. Settings
2. Mail, COntacts, Calendars
3. Add account
4. Microsoft exchange
5. enter your email
domain - blank
username: full gmail email address
password: obviously enter your password
6. Next
7. Sync Mail, contacts, and calendars.

This takes a total of about 45 seconds. It syncs contacts for you.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Dukins - I would still use a plain email account for Gmail email over the Exchange for email. There are some sync issues reported that are random, but include "not all mail shows up" and it can have issues with labels in Gmail.

Use Exchange for Gmail Contacts and Calendar, but use the Gmail account for email.

Most reactions

Latest posts