What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Considering an iPad, But..

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Ipad 1, I say get the latest and greatest go for the Ipad 2. I do wish I had some kind of way to watch videos. But I understand Steve Jobs stand on Flash. But it is one heck of a drawback. Be fore warned.

Flash, Flash, Flash ... even Adobe has gotten the message and have updated their own site for access via iPAD ... without Flash.

Also there is a virus alert that comes via Flash on Excel files.

Flash is not your long term friend. There are work arounds for viewing flash demand sites on the iPAD. I can appreciate not having it blocks you from certain sites. This will be changing over time. Flash on iPad is not going to happen... as much as the I-want crowd keeps up the desire.

Blackraid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madhatter61 said:
Flash, Flash, Flash ... even Adobe has gotten the message and have updated their own site for access via iPAD ... without Flash.

Also there is a virus alert that comes via Flash on Excel files.

Flash is not your long term friend. There are work arounds for viewing flash demand sites on the iPAD. I can appreciate not having it blocks you from certain sites. This will be changing over time. Flash on iPad is not going to happen... as much as the I-want crowd keeps up the desire.

I NEED ADOBE FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my iPad 2 but Flash is definitely needed! I don't know how many people have to yell scream and shout before this happens! FLASH PLEASE!

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Blackraid said:
I NEED ADOBE FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my iPad 2 but Flash is definitely needed! I don't know how many people have to yell scream and shout before this happens! FLASH PLEASE!

/target dead horse
/kick

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you truly need flash then you should invest in another device. It's never going to happen on ios. Everyone knows this so I don't understand why people still scream about it.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Hulu app costs $8 a month, just to throw that in there. I think ABC allows you to watch episodes on their app, but other than that, it's going to cost money.

Blackhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
spencermukai said:
Greetings all iPad users. I've been an EeePC netbook user since early last year. I'm semi-retired, as I got laid-off from my most recent employer of 6 years(back in July 2010). Anyway, I'm a daily/all-day user of my netbook, which it's 12-in. screen is quite good. But, I want to be more mobile.

All iPad users and expertise comments/recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Spencer
Anyway you go it maybe cheaper to keep you cable but I think getting a iPad is a good move you never know you may spend so much time with your pad you won't miss the tv
The problem is that with an iPad you need some kind of Internet access at some point if I had a choice I would have home Internet but I'm wifi based only my data runs $110 for 11g only so I have to depend on hotspots or hotels to do any kind of tv watching if your money tight remember to think about how much more or less a iPad will cost you depending on what you getting it for

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Blackraid said:

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Attachments

• image-3311672841.png
    image-3311672841.png
    172 KB · Views: 615

Ruthie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can't see what the problem is not having flash, I knew before I got my iPad that it wasn't an option. If I need flash, then I use my laptop!

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It it is a fact - a lot of sites are iPad enabled now. So, for me, Flash is not an issue. I remember on day 1 of iPad 1 there were quite a few gappy sites, but now one year on, and few million iPads sold, it's not often at all I see a site that is incompatible. Oo, and my iPad is safe and secure :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got iswifter and a VNC client to connect to my home PC. I can use iswifter for Hulu, or watching grandma's soap operas on CBS. But not CBC- the computer you're actually connecting to is in the United States.

Incidentally, today was the first time I got to use Hulu in Canada. Yay iPad!

There's a way to get around Apple's roadblocks...I mean, a way besides folding your ears and saying you don't need Flash or Java. ;)

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with most other users, get the iPad 2. In the long run you will be glad you did. Plus, if you consider selling it before the iPad 3 comes out, a lot more people will be looking for the iPad 2 then the iPad 1. If you do plan on selling it later I wouldn't reccomend engraving it (if you're ordering online)

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try to read the Huffington Post on your iPad. The videos are all aggregated from many other popular news sites and none of them work. None. Not unless it's a YouTube video, and they rarely are. I don't see how people can say they never run into Flash videos.

rjyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't do it. Yeah there are some cute apps and some brilliant ones but over all it just does not cut it. It's a constant annoyance to try and just do simple functions . The mail program is woefully inadequate and same the iWork suite. Think I will sell mine and got for Net Book.

Most reactions

Latest posts