What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting an iPad to tv

Kwillson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the Apple composite av cable to connect the iPad ti tv...but cannot figure out the settings for the iPad...has anyone done that yet?

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not have one but i would think the ipad would be auto like the cam conection. Have you got the tv set up to the right channel.as in av1 av2 and such. other to that someone eles might have the connection. good luck.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have one. What are you trying to view on the tv? It will only output movies, photos or Netflix streaming to the tv. It won't display your home screen or Safari or games, etc.

There are no settings needed for the iPad, but as littlebuddha says, you need to get the tv input matched up to what you plugged the cables into. Check for labels where you plugged the cables into. It will either be AV1 or AV2, etc. Then select that same source on your tv menu.

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
yeah only the videos/photo's display out to the TV.

If you have jailbroken your iPad download the TVOut2 app and it will display everything on the TV.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Built in Video and the Netflix app will work. I haven't tried YouTube. For me, YouTube videos don't need to be displayed that big. :)

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
yeah only the videos/photo's display out to the TV.
Only using the builtin video player or also 3rd party video/media players?

Built in video player, web videos that open quicktime play and any apps that build in the functionality.

If you jailbreak the iPad and install TVOut2 it will display everything even the homescreen almost like a mirror image of the ipad screen.

Dr Cherie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to use ipad with netflix and put through my tv. It says on netflix that I have to "activate my netflix ready device." I'm supposed to be able to get the activation code on the ipad, but it doesn't show, even when connected to the computer as required. Anyone know how to get the activation code from the ipad?:confused:

Last edited:

Most reactions