What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting a Blackberry bold to my iPad1 via Bluetooth

goflight1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to connect my Bberry 9700 to my iPad to each othe via Bluetooth. I get the 2 paired, but cannot get a connection. What am I doing wrong? Secondly, can I tether my Bberry 3G svc to my iPad via Bluetooth to get Internet on my wifi only iPad when I am in non wifi area?

Last edited by a moderator:

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an iPad noob but in everything I've read the only way to get your iPad and BB (and anything else without the name 'Apple' in it) connected is to jailbreak it and if you have the iPad2 there is no jailbreak for it....yet. I have a BB Bold and as soon as I click connect on the iPad it says it can't. The only thing I've been able to connect to with my iPad is my non-Apple laptop and it will only play audio...a cool feature though.

Yes you can tether but you have to wait until there is a jailbreak then you can use iBluever. Use the search on here and you'll find out exactly how to do it but as I said, have to wait until the iPad2 gets jailbroken.

Reaction score
I don't think the iPad has the proper Bluetooth protocols to pair with phones for tethering or transferring data with each other other than music streaming.
Someone please feel free to correct me where I'm in error

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot connect the two, Ive had the same problem when I had my ipad 1. It will say its paired but you cannot actually connect. I was trying to send a picture from my phone but it didnt work. I called Apple and they said it wasnt possible.

Reaction score
To tether the two, the iPad has to be jailbroken. If you are interested in this, you could head over to the Hacking Section, as it has detailed instructions on how to do so. http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...tutorial-jailbreak-ipad1-redsn0w-windows.html

Once you are jailbroken, ibluever should let you tether the two devices.

Btw. I removed the image from the first post, as it has nothing to do with the thread and moved the whole thread into the help section.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts