What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting to iPhone 3GS via Bluetooth?

C

claireylouisa

I think this may be more of an iPhone problem, so apologies and mods please delete my post if it is inappropriate!

I'm trying to connect my iPad to my iPhone via bluetooth. I turn the bluetooth on but neither will find the other device. My iPhone finds nothing, my iPad finds my housemates phone but not my iPhone.

I have iPad 2 Wifi only iOS 4.3.3 and iPhone 3GS also version 4.3.3. Neither devices are jailbroken.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't think this is possible. If your iPad is jailbroken then Bluetooth tethering is possible but a standard iPad cannot be Bluetooth tethered, as far as I'm aware. I may be corrected by other Members as I've seen some reports of successful Bluetooth tethering with more recent versions of the operating system.

Tim

OP
C

claireylouisa

Thanks, helpful to know to give up at least. Can I ask a stupid question then? What can I do with my iPad Bluetooth? ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts