What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

connected to wifi

ewo1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is the ipad always connected to wifi or 4g/3g even when it is in sleep? During sleep and during use if you are not connected to a wifi network is it always searching for a network? how much battery life does push notifications use? is there a way to turn them off? what about icloud and if you only have find my iphone on? is there a way to turn off push notifications when you are on a cellular network or it always on using small amounts of data untill you turn it off in the settings. I checked my router and it says my ipas is connected even when it is sleeping. Why is it?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
when the ipad is sleeping, its just basicly got the screen turned off.

notifications can be turned off in settings however notifications do not use much battery because of the way the system is designed. There is only one notification system in the OS that recieves push notifications, each app is not listening for push notifications or maintaining a connection, only the iOS system is.

why is it connected to wifi when screen is turned off? How else would it do things like recieve push notifications?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Ewo and welcome to the forum! :)

I believe most of your questions have already been answered w/ the first reply - if you are concerned about conserving battery power, then check this Apple Support Article. As already stated, go into settings, there are many choices there to regulate your wireless options (e.g. Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi, Notifications, Bluetooth, etc.) - good luck and post back if questions remain!

OP
E

ewo1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Ewo and welcome to the forum! :)

I believe most of your questions have already been answered w/ the first reply - if you are concerned about conserving battery power, then check this Apple Support Article. As already stated, go into settings, there are many choices there to regulate your wireless options (e.g. Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi, Notifications, Bluetooth, etc.) - good luck and post back if questions remain!

If you are not connected to a wifi network is it always searching for one until you turn it off? And if you have 4g enabled with no wifi is it always connected and does it use data just staying connected for notifications? Does having find my iphone on use up any extra battery or does it only use battery when you try to find it?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are not connected to a wifi network is it always searching for one until you turn it off? And if you have 4g enabled with no wifi is it always connected and does it use data just staying connected for notifications? Does having find my iphone on use up any extra battery or does it only use battery when you try to find it?

All of these questions are clearly explained in the link that I provided - did you read the short article carefully?

Most reactions