What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concerns buying iPad for paperless office work

OP
S

SystemsEngineer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm learning with every post. Ironically, my first computer experience was with Apple. It was in 1985, I was 16 years old and our school had a room full of Apple II's. Off white box with keyboard built in, no hard drive, external 5.25" floppy drive that needed to hold a system disk to boot from, amber or green CRT monitor on top. After that I was thrilled with the first PC I saw that had a hard drive built in. At university, 4 years later, I had my own PC and I did a lot of pascal programming. There were MacII's in those days but they were quite unaffordable. After that i kept upgrading to 386, 486, Pentium and that's where it ended in 2007. I got my first Mac, a Macbook Pro 17" 2006 model with a 30" HD Cinema Display. I still use it weekly, although it has been complemented by a Mac Pro 5,1 and a 13" Macbook to take on the commuter train with me. The PC is in the attic gathering dust. Anyway this is my computer experience.

I looked up the meaning of app-centric and file-centric. I wasn't aware that the former existed and quite frankly I'm not thrilled by the prospect of using such a system. Then again if you say you can adapt I certainly should be able to adapt too. Anyway a friend of mine owns an iPad 3rd gen. I don't get to see him very often but the next time I do I will try his one, knowing what I've learned in this topic will give me ample opportunity to determine if it will meet my needs and wishes. I may even get a stylus thing to test it properly.

Thank you all for your efforts in educating me and for your analyses and advice. I really appreciate that, as I've mentioned before. It may take a while before I write again, because I need to do some testing first. I'm not in a hurry. I want to make a good choice that I won't regret, I don't want to end up getting a Galaxy or other after I get an iPad. :)

Peter

Most reactions