What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Completely new to iPad 2, or Apple computers in general, but my camera doesn't work.

1Dionysos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It did work perfectly, for about a month, but now, when I try to use the Camera, all I got was a blank screen, all black - and no Camera buttons.

Does anyone know why, and how to fix it?

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First thing I'd try is to reboot the iPad. This can correct a lot of stuff. Hold down the menu button (has a circle) and at the same time hold down the on off button on the side of the iPad. Release them and a red slide switch will appear on the screen. Slide that switch and the iPad will reboot.
Then press the on off side button again and it will turn on and show a white apple as it starts up again.

Then try the camera again!

P.s. also make sure the camera lens is not blocked. Like putting the iPad in a case the wrong way so there is no hole for the camera.

Last edited:
OP

1Dionysos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First thing I'd try is to reboot the iPad. This can correct a lot of stuff. Hold down the menu button (has a circle) and at the same time hold down the on off button on the side of the iPad. Release them and a red slide switch will appear on the screen. Slide that switch and the iPad will reboot.
Then press the on off side button again and it will turn on and show a white apple as it starts up again.

Then try the camera again!

P.s. also make sure the camera lens is not blocked. Like putting the iPad in a case the wrong way so there is no hole for the camera.

Tried it, and it now works perfectly! I know how to reboot an ordinary computer, and also a Macintosh one, but not an iPad - now I know! Why is it not on the instruction booklet?

Most reactions