What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 LCD is not working, digitizer doesn't work-

PredatorX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received an iPad 2, everything worked fine (LCD, touch etc), but the glass was cracked, so I decided to repair it. I bough a new Digitizer from eBay, removed the cracked one and replaced it. After, when I tried to start it, the power button didn't respond, well the battery was dead, but It didn't show up the red battery icon, where it says plug in charger. I plugged in the charger and waited for the iPad start. It started normally but the touch didn't work, It worked very poorly when i flipped the screen, but nothing more. I couldn't do anything, I thought that the digitizer I bought was broken or bad quality or something.

The iPad was still on, I couldn't close it since the power button didn't work, (volume keys didn't work, but mute worked). While the iPad was still on I removed the digitizer and the LCD screen. Now while waiting for the new glass I ordered for the US, I put the LCD screen back and the cheap digitizer to show a friend the touch problem and now It doesn't respond at all, neither the glass or the LCD, its completely black, when I plug in the charger the beep sound comes but nothing more, I cant use the home button. normally when u plug it in, the screen show up, but now it is just dead. Is the LCD screen also broken now ?, I am starting to get panic. To repair the power/volume key, I need a new ribbon cable, witch I've ordered.

Anyone who knows what the problem could be and how to solve it?

Last edited:

madeSICC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing when I replaced mine. I bought a new LCD as well and when I plugged it in same thing still, read online that sometimes it needs to be rebooted manually to get the backlight to come back on. I had to stand in my kitchen right under the lights and was able to see the screen very very very faintly and then powered it down with the slider. Once it started back up the backlight was back on.

Alekks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I changed my digitizer and when I plugged everything back in place I turned the iPad on to check if it powered up and it did just that the screen was mostly white with some likes when I click the off/on button the screen does show the swipe but really distorted any help with this?

Most reactions

Latest posts