What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete ipad 2 set up

mynameiserich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, Ive had plenty of time to think about the best set up for my ipad 2 I'm getting friday. First, I knew I wanted to get the smart cover, so that is top of the list. Next I knew I wanted an anti glare screen protector. I wanted a power support, but I just called earlier today, and they wont have an ipad 2 protector until late April. So I just ordered this:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/iLuv-Glare-Free-Screen-Protector-iCC1194/dp/B004OA6WDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299657597&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: iLuv Glare-Free Screen Protector for iPad 2nd Gen (iCC1194): Electronics[/ame]

Free shipping too.

So I have the screen covered, but was not happy about the back being exposed at all. So even though it isnt total coverage, it will protect against scratches - so Im getting a gelaskin (gelaskins.com), I think I'll have one of my own photographs printed.

And just to give it total protection when I'm bringing it to work, traveling, etc. I decided to buy a colcasac (colcasac.com), designed specifically for the ipad 2 with the smart cover.

I think this is the ideal situation for protection on the ipad....I can't wait to get it. Going with the 64 gb, so I never have to worry about running out of space with plenty of movies, and all my pictures.

Hope this gives some ideas!

Davebarrie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gelaskins are cool, I have some for my older devices, but they aren't any substitute for a case, so don't expect much protection

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I was very interested to read your thoughts about the iPad2 and the issues with the potential for the back getting scratched. A number of Forum members have worried about this, so your input is very welcome. Please let us know your initial thoughts once you get your hands on the machine!!

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from - this is the iPad1 version, you can (pre-order) the iPad2 version at Apple's iBooks store now - presumably it will be available on March 11th - but this will give you some idea of the iPad's capabilities.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Tim
Scotland

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
white ipad 2 16 gb 3g $629
wireless apple keyboard$69
red air jordan mini back pack $20
MOTOROLA DUAL BLUETOOTH EARBAND $80
EDITING MOVIES AND MUSIC WHILE TALKING TO SOMEONE THROUGH WHISTLE $PRICELESS

Munc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As for protecting the back, I have opted for the Zagg Invisishield back skin, I wanted something clear as I have an engraving on mine. Also, I wanted to minimize bulk & weight. I am using a NuShield DAYVUE (anti-relective) screen protector. I also have the Smart Cover for it's style & utility as providing an inclined typing surface.

Last edited:

james4133

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went with a Navy blue leather smart cover, along with the Joy Factory SmartFit2 to protect the back of my Black 64GB 3G iPad2. The SmartFit2 has a good profile, and is clear, so you can see the back of the iPad2 and shows of the nice profile. I also got a pretty cheap "Merkury" zip pouch at a $5 store here in New England (same item on ebay, item #160558246067, but way cheaper!), and can store headphones/stylus/HDMI connector in the side pouch while protecting my iPad.

Something that I additionally did, was get some clear silicon cushions and put four of them on the back of the SmartFit2 cover. It doesn't add any to the bulk, it keeps my iPad from sliding around when typing or watching videos, etc, and it keeps the back of the SmartFit2 cover from getting scratched up.

I've been really happy with this setup.

Last edited:

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Switcheasy canvas /or products - all the protection you need. Well nothing like an otterbox but.. it looks good imo AND its got a screen protector, plug and screen cloth.

Bostonvince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only problem with switch easy is they don't tell you they are out of stock when you buy it, so I've been waiting for 3 weeks only to hear should be in a few days every time I email them. All I really want is the plugs. Dust in ports of new iPad, or dog hair.. I'm reduced to using tape(hope it doesn't rips off screen cover) to covering it and leaving my pad homebound. Although I here it is the best case so maybe 6 week wait is worth it, jus wish they sent me temporary one hah.

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, I wouldn't even think of caring for my dog as much as this. :)

I just bought a cheapo Technek case and I only got that because I felt the iPad naked was a bit slim and slippery when carrying it from place to place. I've decided not to worry about the screen protectors, it's like keeping the plastic covers on your car seat or sofa, isn't it? Sure it protects it but do you get the ride? No, if it gets that scratchy I reckon it'll come just in time for the iPad3 upgrade...... a good excuse.

The back? I'm thinking of getting a dirty big grafitti pen and writing Russell's iPad across it - you got to personalise these things. Of course, laser etching is for wimps!

Btw, can you take one underwater?

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hee hee, I want it. It's like iPad for the man about the jungle.

I'm new but I just know there's a car window sticker which says, iPad On Board

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
white ipad 32gb wifi
Steinheil Ultra Optics anti-glare, anti-fingerprint screen protector
Enki Genius Case
Apple smart cover

Shortbread

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only problem with switch easy is they don't tell you they are out of stock when you buy it, so I've been waiting for 3 weeks only to hear should be in a few days every time I email them. All I really want is the plugs. Dust in ports of new iPad, or dog hair.. I'm reduced to using tape(hope it doesn't rips off screen cover) to covering it and leaving my pad homebound. Although I here it is the best case so maybe 6 week wait is worth it, jus wish they sent me temporary one hah.

Oh that's not good to hear about your wait. I ordered one thecother day and the time was >2 weeks although I noticed today the wait time was >1 week so was hopeful of getting it before I went to Italy at the end of the month. At the moment my iPad lives in a neoprene case that cost Ă‚ÂŁ1.

Most reactions

Latest posts