What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color hd keyboard locking up

lime4x4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the color hd keyboard? I installed it on my iPad 4 but when ever I try to use the keyboard my iPad locks up then goes into safe mode.

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Color Keyboard is not supported yet on ios 6 for ipad which means you didnt buy it and got it from a priate repo, hence why its locking up and going to safe mode.

OP
L

lime4x4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have only the default cydia repos installed and i paid 2.99 for the app. It said nothing about not being compatible. There were 2 color hd keyboards apps one was for the iphone/ipod the other for the ipad. I bought and downloaded the one for the ipad

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Color Keyboard HD is not yet compatible with IOS 6.1. The developer has chosen not to put dependencies on his package hence the confusion. You will just have to wait for an update to the tweak like the rest of us ;)

@wingzfan81 - We don't accuse people of piracy on this forum unless there is obvious proof. Being able to install a purchased package on an unsupported version of IOS is not proof of piracy. If you have a doubt, simply report the forum post and let the staff deal with it. Thanks.

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Color Keyboard HD is not yet compatible with IOS 6.1. The developer has chosen not to put dependencies on his package hence the confusion. You will just have to wait for an update to the tweak like the rest of us ;)

@wingzfan81 - We don't accuse people of piracy on this forum unless there is obvious proof. Being able to install a purchased package on an unsupported version of IOS is not proof of piracy. If you have a doubt, simply report the forum post and let the staff deal with it. Thanks.

Sorry for accusing, however i dont see how it got installed cuz when i go to color keyboard hd it says "your version of ios is not supported" and the install is not available.

6umyty4u.jpg

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, but compatible or not, it will allow you to install it IF you own it ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360588637.001819.jpg

The dependencies seem to be getting updated now 6.1 is out, but that only resolves part of the problem...

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow thats weird, I own it for iphone and ipad and mine shows what I posted. Wonder whats going on.

Sorry again.

OP
L

lime4x4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually I installed it the day the jailbreak was released. I never got any warnings that it wasn't compatible.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
An update was posted to Cydia this morning and Color Keyboard HD is now fully IOS 6.1 Compatible :)

Most reactions