What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clear touch anti glare vs power support

mom2kkchen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went with power support clear...total flawless love it... someone asked me the other day are you going to add a screen protector??
I was like i have on i it already LOVE it and not one bubble

mom2kkchen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went with power support clear...total flawless love it... someone asked me the other day are you going to add a screen protector??
I was like i have on i it already LOVE it and not one bubble

Is that the one called "Crystal Film" on their website?

YES thats it.. once you order it go o you tube and they will show you how to install it takes less then 5 minutes and clear and protected ... i love it.... they even show you how to remove it if you mess up and corners not perfect I read tons of reviews and this one was the best... the only negative reviews it received was people not applying it right and had bubbles .. but even with a few bubbles you can smooth them out real easy

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kargurin,

Have you had a chance to use the NuShield Dayvue outdoors?

I sat outside during the evening with my powersupport anti-glair equiped ipad and the screen looked excellent, still that small loss of quality of course, but it the ipad was completely usable outside.

I would hope that the dayvue would be decent outside (in small to moderate amounts of indirect sunlight) but was hoping you could fill me in.

I don't use mine outside....but I just did to answer your question. :)

Sitting on my back porch in the shade, it is very readable at 100% brightness. I use transition glasses and glare is further reduced. Strange that shaded glasses (transitions do not go real dark like regular sunglasses) does not reduce perceived brightness. Anyway, you still get some glare but it's not the obtrusive kind. In direct sun it is very dim and I cannot recommend its use there.

That said, all this is subjective so there is no way to tell what you might find acceptable or not.

Gary W. Graley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have it on my iPod Touch and knew that the only thing I'd want on my
newly purchased ;) iPad was the same thing, the Anti Glare version, installed
it, CAREFULLY in the bathroom after someone showered to help keep the dust
down and it worked great, VERY nervous doing it of course, just take it slow
and steady.
G2

Edited to add, don't notice it being much if any darker though, on mine at least.

Gary W. Graley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a couple photos taken today, free clock app, also has stop watch functions too;

clock.jpg

and probably hard to guess what movie this is ;)

iPad_avatar.jpg

The anti glare makes it a lot handier to view movies, on a plane I use to have to see
myself in the reflection, or hold it just right to not see me, but end up seeing the
ceiling of the plane, now, it's a lot better...
G2

Most reactions