What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clear touch anti glare vs power support

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the Clear Touch AG at the recomendation of forum members. It has arrived, but still waiting for my iPad. It seems to get high marks for Anti-Glare (which we have lots of in South Texas) as well as finger print and scratch protection.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only thing is, every anti-glare/anti-fingerprint ANYTHING I have ever seen, for phones, iPads, you name it...blurs the screen a bit. It has to by nature. Like how a tinted window must make it darker by nature.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only thing is, every anti-glare/anti-fingerprint ANYTHING I have ever seen, for phones, iPads, you name it...blurs the screen a bit. It has to by nature. Like how a tinted window must make it darker by nature.

Yea I actually bought the sgp anti fingerprint protector but still haven't put it on because when I saw it in person it looked like it would blur/soften the screen image. I still have it brand new in it's box since I'm enjoying the naked iPad.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NuShield doesn't blur the screen. At all. If anything it enhances the appearance perhaps by removing all the wicked reflections the naked glass has. It is not a matte shield....those will blur the detail. On the negative side it does pull fingerprints as easily as the unshielded screen. Not noticeable when on.....and you do need an LCD or lens cleaner to remove them (you can use any cleaner). But it's a good tradeoff for me because of the optical quality.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only experience is with the Power Support AG screen protector. Any blurriness is barely noticeable. The reduction of visible fingerprints is worth it to me.

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kudos to Power Support Anti-Glare.

I have one on my iPhone and I it looks like it's not even on it. It protects my screen and the film itself doesn't get scratched. I use my iPhone outdoors under the sun and I can see the screen very well. Power Support is highly recommended.

No wonder they're sold out. Good thing I ordered my film weeks ago. :)

Paffy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you should google for something like that or watch it on youtube

Ominx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 on the Power Support Anti-Glare. I have one on my iPad and it has made it a lot more usable outside in the sun. The scratch protection is a nice bonus.

jauce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using the Power supply anti-glare screen, for me the anti-glare screen causes a drop in the optical clarity of the device. Looking at the screen it looks like there's a layer of pixelation between the screen and me.

It does really cut down on fingerprints though and the anti-glare aspect works.

I've heard the power supply has the best anti-glare screens, not sure if i'm going to leave mine on as i dont think i can stand that blurryness.

Kargarin are you referring to the Nushield Dayvue ? I'm wondering if it really doesn't have the same bluryness, if it doesn't have that blurryness that would make it the best screen out there.

DUTCH VanAtlanta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How About The Two Power Support Films ?

Anti-Glare Film vs Crystal Film? Any first hand experience comparisons between the two?

I've tried contacting them several times to find out the difference between the two, but no one answers their email or direct contact form.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using the Power supply anti-glare screen, for me the anti-glare screen causes a drop in the optical clarity of the device. Looking at the screen it looks like there's a layer of pixelation between the screen and me.

It does really cut down on fingerprints though and the anti-glare aspect works.

I've heard the power supply has the best anti-glare screens, not sure if i'm going to leave mine on as i dont think i can stand that blurryness.

Kargarin are you referring to the Nushield Dayvue ? I'm wondering if it really doesn't have the same bluryness, if it doesn't have that blurryness that would make it the best screen out there.

Yes, the Dayvue and it has no blurryness. It is not a matte shield. It's been awhile since I've installed but IIRC, there is a very slight tint to the shield. And right after I applied it I thought to myself how much better everything looks. I applied a matte shield to the same iPad and thought how blurry everything was.

Two caveats. The shield I bought has no home button hole. I emailed the company and told them it was taking a toll on my thumb but they said they would not manufacture a shield with a hole unless demand increased. So, I simply cut a notch in the shield at the bottom so I can get to the button unimpeded. That has worked fine. You might want to contact them if you are interested to see if they have changed their manufacturing.

Second, it is a fingerprint magnet. Which is obvious when you turn the iPad off. You need an LCD cleaner (like Rocketfish) and microfiber cloth to clean it. You can also use a household cleaner. If you just use a rag it will stay dirty.

But, in my view, the optical clarity is so good I would buy it again. And cut a notch in it if needed. BTW, I think they have a money back guarantee. Unlike Boxwave (the matte shield I spoke of). I complained and they sent me a generic clear shield that you had to cut to fit (no refund...and the least they could have done was sent me a shield designed for the ipad). I don't care very much for them. :mad:

Samurai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Figured out a great way to apply my Power Support anti-glare screen protector. Before I peeled the plastic off the Ipad, I got the screen protector ready and had my son peel the factory plastic down the Ipad as I applied the Power Support. Absolutely no lint, it is almost a perfect fit. Nobody can even tell it's on there unless I tell them.

jauce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kargurin,

Have you had a chance to use the NuShield Dayvue outdoors?

I sat outside during the evening with my powersupport anti-glair equiped ipad and the screen looked excellent, still that small loss of quality of course, but it the ipad was completely usable outside.

I would hope that the dayvue would be decent outside (in small to moderate amounts of indirect sunlight) but was hoping you could fill me in.

Most reactions