What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clear Ipsot & Ipad 2

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
Do any of you use the Clear Ispot? and if you do, can you get it to work with the Ipad 2? I can connect to the Ispot but, when I try to browse a webpage, it keeps re-directing me to the Clear support site page. I tried updating the firmware, with no luck. The clear support is very unhelpful and do not have a clue.

It worked fine with my original Ipad.

Luckout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try to clear your cache in Settings>Safari. That's what worked for me when I first activated my iSpot. If you want to be thorough, clear your cookies as well. See if that works....

Last edited:
OP
Q

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Try to clear your cache in Settings>Safari. That's what worked for me when I first activated my iSpot. If you want to thorough clear your cookies as well. See if that works.

Yeah, that's the first thing I tried. I just spent a while on the phone with customer support. To make a long story short, my Imac will work with the Ispot but, the Ipad 2 will not. It directs me to a page saying that only devices like the Ipad etc..work, which is crazy because that's what I'm using.

The rep gave me a free month to work it out for myself or if they come up with a update. As I'm typing this I'm using the Ispot on my Imac, which isn't supposed to work. I have always heard that there were easy ways to hack the Ispot and that some Macs might be able to use it but, this is crazy.

So you have a Ipad 2 and it works? If you do then maybe I can figure this out.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just use my iPhone 4 as my

hotspot. Works with my MBP, works with my iPad as well. At the same time and I can host another three devices simultaneously.

OP
Q

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
It works now. I tried updated the firmware and, it didn't work like the instructions. I then restarted the Ipad when setting up my Verizon service. I don't know which solved it, probably restarting the Ipad, which is simple and something I should have thought of.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, I was wondering if the iSpot would work with the new iPads (I use one now with my iPad 1).

OP
Q

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Thanks for the update, I was wondering if the iSpot would work with the new iPads (I use one now with my iPad 1).

I signed up for Verizon service because, I didn't think I'd be able to use the Ispot and, when I re-started the Ipad (to try and get Verizon to work) it worked. I had previously trade to install updated firmware but, it just froze and said it was updating and never did.

Most reactions

Latest posts